Do the PPA actually exist?

evanr4

PPA also refuse to give your ID numbers to CSA' date=' so if you want to enter for a big race youre not recognised on the database. And then you must pay for another day licence.(or something like that)  And mr Bellairs is on PPA and CSA board. So they part of CSA, but trying to undermine the system. I think there's also more members/missing money (like CGC), thats why they dont want to hand over all info...[/quote']

Groot Blade, die PPA het geseg hulle gaan nou vir ons hulle data gee, sodat mense nie meer hoef te skop en skreeu nie. Die data wat ons van hul gaan ontvang gaan dit moontlik maak om suksesvolle lookups op die online entry systems se doen.

Klein Blade

no wonder i had to pay for a day license for the Knysna and 94.7 eventhough i am a fully licensed rider and then i couldn't find the WP on the drop down menu. when i queried it with the organisers they hupped bubbles.

can someone explain the following : who in the PPA/CSA hierarchy decided that if you want to enter a classic and you are from the Western Province you have to select the PPA as your province.  

i had the same problem with the 94.7 and the Argus - no WP in the drop down menu. so the organisers/PPA assume that if you are a licensed cyclist from the Western Cape you are a PPA member, it doesn't recognise the existance of the Western Province or its clubs. this is the height of arrogance. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PPA also refuse to give your ID numbers to CSA' date=' so if you want to enter for a big race youre not recognised on the database. And then you must pay for another day licence.(or something like that)  And mr Bellairs is on PPA and CSA board. So they part of CSA, but trying to undermine the system. I think there's also more members/missing money (like CGC), thats why they dont want to hand over all info...[/quote']

Groot Blade, die PPA het geseg hulle gaan nou vir ons hulle data gee, sodat mense nie meer hoef te skop en skreeu nie. Die data wat ons van hul gaan ontvang gaan dit moontlik maak om suksesvolle lookups op die online entry systems se doen.

Klein Blade

no wonder i had to pay for a day license for the Knysna and 94.7 eventhough i am a fully licensed rider and then i couldn't find the WP on the drop down menu. when i queried it with the organisers they hupped bubbles.

can someone explain the following : who in the PPA/CSA hierarchy decided that if you want to enter a classic and you are from the Western Province you have to select the PPA as your province.  

i had the same problem with the 94.7 and the Argus - no WP in the drop down menu. so the organisers/PPA assume that if you are a licensed cyclist from the Western Cape you are a PPA member, it doesn't recognise the existance of the Western Province or its clubs. this is the height of arrogance. 

Hello,

Up till recently everything was fine on the 94/s dropdowns. Their IT okes are trying to fix the problem. Every bit of data CSA possesses is available to all event organisers for lookups, including clubs. This means that the IT people elsewhere must sharpen their pencils.

On the CTour's site, I see a lot of WP clubs, so see o hassles. The above argument does thus not count.

Cheers,

Klein Blade

Regarding 94.7 registration for Cape Town'ers: [On the CTour's site' date= I see a lot of WP clubs, so see o hassles. The above argument does thus not count.

Cheers,

Klein Blade
[/quote]

It is a problem! When i did my 947 reg, only the few Boland clubs were shown - none of the Cape Town ones!! When i phoned the 947 office they said they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed before the end of September (2008 i assume smiley2.gif). So now i had to pay for the day reg, had no CSA link, and no chip linked to my name, no seeding. It will be up to myself to check-up on all of thatsmiley11.gifsmiley7.gifsmiley11.gif.
PeterM2008-09-17 01:10:59

I had the same issue with 94.7 registration - it says my club is not known and I am not a CSA registered cyclist - forget the fact I have had a license for years.

Sent a e-mail to the 94.7 - they told me I must enter manually via fax. Confused

Sent an e-mail to CSA, Jo-anne replied quite quickly I must say, noting she had forwarded it on to Mr C.Lemmer and Mr J. Marias - I assume for action, but I never heard further from either of them and my name still registers as "Not a CSA registered member"

widget2008-09-17 01:22:50

and this is why I ride my bicycle, and not race my bicycle.

RIDE- RACE

starts and finishes with the same letters, but are totally diferent activities.

I had the same issue with 94.7 registration - it says my club is not known and I am not a CSA registered cyclist - forget the fact I have had a license for years.

Sent a e-mail to the 94.7 - they told me I must enter manually via fax. Confused

Sent an e-mail to CSA' date=' Jo-anne replied quite quickly I must say, noting she had forwarded it on to Mr C.Lemmer and Mr J. Marias - I assume for action, but I never heard further from either of them and my name still registers as "Not a CSA registered member"

[/quote']

Hi Widget, are you a member of CGC, or from another province? We have a large number of incorrect data that makes the looups very difficult/impossible, therefore the option to select a club to skip payin gfor a day lic (now not made any easier by the 94's system "losing" a whole bunch of clubs and provinces. Pity about that.)

(Ms Marais is the admin person from CGC)

I joined when I entered the Argus, I assume that they got a lot of new members, so will wait for my welcome pack.

Sent an e-mail to CSA' date=' Jo-anne replied quite quickly I must say, noting she had forwarded it on to Mr C.Lemmer and Mr J. Marias - I assume for action, but I never heard further from either of them and my name still registers as "Not a CSA registered member"

[/quote']

Hi Widget, are you a member of CGC, or from another province? We have a large number of incorrect data that makes the looups very difficult/impossible, therefore the option to select a club to skip payin gfor a day lic (now not made any easier by the 94's system "losing" a whole bunch of clubs and provinces. Pity about that.)

(Ms Marais is the admin person from CGC)

I will PM you the details Latrinus.

Thanks.