Bicycling Magazine

Eugene

I only read local cycling mags when i get them for free in goodie bags. But then they are usually two or more months old which makes them even more crap.

It is worth buying Pro Cycling every two months.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That local Cyclingnews newspaper that comes out on a periodic (not sure how often) basis is a much better read than any of the local mags.

I would rather get some of the UK cycling mags than the Bicycling...was subscribed but won't be renewing.  My folks are in the UK and it is much easier to get the international flavour of things from their....and I don't have to read much if any about the yanks.  baseball player cycling...ha.hahahahah

I've been very disappointed by Bicycling too. The latest issue also has almost nothing (just a few ads and photos) on mountain biking. The promised Mountain Bike mag has never really got going. The font is almost impossible to read, there have been lots of errors lately, and of course, there's little attempt to make the American content relevant, or to convert American units into English (e.g. pounds to kg). Then there are junk sections like Style, and wasted full pages with arbitrary photos of events. It's been a big downhill slide since Sean passed on the editorship.

never subscribed or read Bicycling used to squiz thru the usa version in the cna before they launched sa one, worked out that they rehashed articles over a period. european mags the best value for info.

I currently subscribe to Bicycling and buy Ride, but not renewing my Bicycling subs and will swop over to Ride. Agree that overseas cycle mags are the best.

Agreed. And the online versions of MBR and MBA are cheaper than hard copies of Ride and Bicycling. But I'd still like to read more about the local cycling scene. At least Mountain Biker Magazine is a good local effort and well worth supporting. And there's always the Hub! Cranky2008-09-18 23:29:51

I always buy the magazine but have not failed to be disappointed. I have had the October issue for nearly a week and cannot bring myself to read it. The worst thing is the Americanisms that are so copy pasted and they sometimes use lbs/ounces etc. The above posts express my sentiments exactly. I feel Ride is more in touch with local stuff. I get Ride through the club. Would also read the overseas mags if it were not for the cost.

The Bicycling mag sucks. If it wasn't for the nice lookin lady on the cover I would not have bought it last month.

Ride mag is way better! I like the local stuff more than international news. ...local talent,,,, local races... local storie,, local gear,,, local people... nice to see yourself or your club mates in the mag aswell.....

Got my latest copy of Bicycling last night...........YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE, started reading at 18.07 and was done by 18.23 and I was the guy at the back of the class who battled with all the big words like "marmalade" so I am really slow.................anyway chat later just popping at to my mate Basil to borrow his copy of Ride. Tongue

I've been very disappointed by Bicycling too. The latest issue also has almost nothing (just a few ads and photos) on mountain biking. The promised Mountain Bike mag has never really got going. The font is almost impossible to read' date=' there have been lots of errors lately, and of course, there's little attempt to make the American content relevant, or to convert American units into English (e.g. pounds to kg). Then there are junk sections like Style, and wasted full pages with arbitrary photos of events. It's been a big downhill slide since Sean passed on the editorship.

[/quote'] Never noticed all the errors as I am dyslexic..........have to query this at our next DNA (National Dyslexic Association) meeting.

By not buying either local mags, I can almost afford to buy MBR or What MTB each month. I alternate between the two.

My Baai saai kling subscription also expired, glad it's overClap  Ride is the best SA cycling mag available, wonder why nobody has ever started an Afrikaans versionConfused

My Baai saai kling subscription also expired' date=' glad it's overClap  Ride is the best SA cycling mag available, wonder why nobody has ever started an Afrikaans versionConfused[/quote']

didn't it used to have quite a bit of afrikaans content?