DIY Cree LED bike light

mountain_lion

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where do you buy your components from if I may ask.

I am currently checking out www.deakextreme.com

Started building lights October last year. This is was i got so far.  

www.lightstormlights.co.za

The lightstorm 1 (R1375) is my best seller, more of a budget light but still good performance with 235 lumens. Will add beamshots soon.

sampie2009-05-08 15:05:52

The lightstorm 1 (R1375) is my best seller' date=' more of a budget light but still good performance with 235 lumens. Will add beamshots soon.

[/quote']

Should have charged you a consulting fee! Wink

The lightstorm 1 (R1375) is my best seller' date=' more of a budget light but still good performance with 235 lumens. Will add beamshots soon.

[/quote']

Should have charged you a consulting fee! Wink

PM me your banking detailsSmile This actually became one of my jobs now after my company i worked for were liquidated last month.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered my Cree's from DX, and a Buckpuck from Rabtron (Took your advice MLLOL).

For a battery solution I am considering sticking two R/C batteries (7,2V 2200mah) in series, which will give me 14.4v (for the overvoltage required). I would have to do a bit of wiring, my charger only charges 1 battery at a time.Confused

Night Rider

Just wantt o know if you ever got the housing machined and if you have some available.

Thanks

Hi scuz

Haven't had time to develope the new housings yet. Will do it right after my exams. Will definitly let you know as soon as I have them done!!

just had a look at your pm scuzzy. think you're talking about the old housing. It's a machined midas flash light. I have a look between my stuff if there's still one lying around.

Thanks Night Rider

I'm in a bit of a predicament at the moment.  I'm using a smal 12V 20W halogen lamp in some irrigation piping at the moment, it's good for general slow sort of night riding, nothin to fast though and I'm using those big alarm/gate type batery, only gives me about 1.5 hours of light.  I need to up that, to do some long night rides with the boys, but to do the whole led thing delivery assembly, sorting a housing out, etc,etc, will probably take 4-5 weeks, so I'm looking at a quicker solution to get my battery life up with the halogen lamp and the try and re-use the battery for the LED lights, but..... it seems like getting a descent Li-ion battery will also have to be done via international sites.

I'm going to attemp putting together by own sort of rechargeble battery pack, don't to a lot about these sort of thing, but I guess that is the joy in making you own light.

Will post result, if sucessfull.