SA Pro's

Comebackboy

Hey there, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I would just like to know what you guys think of our South African Pro's not racing in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Europe??  What do you think of them as athletes and what do you think their standard is like??  What percentage of the pro bunch do you think takes more than just an energy drink while racing locally?? Wink

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant with the Pro's not racing in Europe, is what do you think of the ones that dont go race in europe...  That has the talent but just keeps on racing here...

I think they also use water not just energy drinks, They are South African Pros so they race here in South Africa, I think some of them are pretty decent guys and some arent and I hope alot of them have a stndard 10.

Why dont you tell us what you think??

We have our opinions about the well paid MTN boys, but the HUB rule esp to newcomers is that you first tell us what YOU think. THen you will get 20 pages.

Think they are taking the easy road... Getting paid enough, easy racing (in comparison to there) but at the end of the day they are taking up positions of alot of development from younger riders that are just leaving school who dont get the teams because they dont have 10 years worth of racing experience. The more riders go over and race there, the more young riders will be motivated to go over and try and make it as well.  At the end of the day them staying here they keep SA standards at the low level it is...  But that is just my opinion...

sounds like you are either jealous or want to start some s..t

Like Colonel says, some are good guys and girls and some arent, thats life.

some have families (kids, wife) and cant go ride overseas and other just dont want to.

Think they are taking the easy road... Getting paid enough' date=' easy racing (in comparison to there) but at the end of the day they are taking up positions of alot of development from younger riders that are just leaving school who dont get the teams because they dont have 10 years worth of racing experience. The more riders go over and race there, the more young riders will be motivated to go over and try and make it as well.? At the end of the day them staying here they keep SA standards at the low level it is...? But that is just my opinion...[/quote']

Have you raced in the pro peleton in Sa have you watched any of the races in Sa have you not noticed that when Milram and the other two pro teams from europe were here for the Worlds view challenge they got given a KLap by our SA Pro's maybe you should let us know a bit more about yourself first before coming on here and saying that us South African Pro's are taking the easy way out

Who are you Where are you from and what do you do????????

A very dear friend of mine raced in the TDF this year, things are tough out there and needless to say, if your inherited talents stretch far enough, you will and can make it, training hard is not the only requirement to be a toprider.

GENE POOL.

I think you have a gripe Confused

Think they are taking the easy road... Getting paid enough' date=' easy racing (in comparison to there) but at the end of the day they are taking up positions of alot of development from younger riders that are just leaving school who dont get the teams because they dont have 10 years worth of racing experience. The more riders go over and race there, the more young riders will be motivated to go over and try and make it as well.? At the end of the day them staying here they keep SA standards at the low level it is...? But that is just my opinion...[/quote']

Have you raced in the pro peleton in Sa have you watched any of the races in Sa have you not noticed that when Milram and the other two pro teams from europe were here for the Worlds view challenge they got given a KLap by our SA Pro's maybe you should let us know a bit more about yourself first before coming on here and saying that us South African Pro's are taking the easy way out

Who are you Where are you from and what do you do????????

He did mention in another topic on weight that he did race pro...

Have you raced in the pro peleton in Sa have you watched any of the races in Sa have you not noticed that when Milram and the other two pro teams from europe were here for the Worlds view challenge they got given a KLap by our SA Pro's

To be fair one should note that, like the giro (del capo) they (Milram et al) only use these events for pre-season training.

I am neither jealous nor am i looking for shyt...

Most of them are very nice guys! I know allot of them very well!! I just want to know what the general feel is about them...  What the people out there's perception is. By the way, doesnt Robert also have a wife and a kid?? I am sure allot of other riders in Europe also have wife and kids...

as for the other guy who asked... i did ride pro for a couple of years and i have won my fair share of races, i also do know that when those big teams come over to South Africa, they use this as training... you remember a couple of years ago, Ullrich raced here.  So are you telling me that because he didnt win, all the people who won him can go on and do what he did in the Tour??

To me it looks like a sour grape situation here. You saying they stealing development riders jobs? BS bud sorry you are illusioned they need to develop and then once they have proven themselves they can, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO RACES BICYCLES get chosen for a top sa team like MTN for example.

Do you think BEE should also now spill over into cycling so the "previously now taking advantage" can get rides?

Dude get on your bike and go train and get on a team and prove yourself instead of making stupid posts here cause you sour that a 33 yr old has your number.

WE had Cape riders that went Jhb and started successful cycling careers, then we had some that came back after a year cause they werent good enough or they didnt like it.

Then we have SA riders that tried overseas racing like Malcolm, either he didnt like it or he wasnt good enough. We have some riders in the Cape that never tried the Jhb scene. Not interested, maybe they were good enough, like Moolies or Lourens. THen we have SA riders thats not interested in Europe. So if Malcolm and his buddies realise they wont make it in the big pond then they can win 300 races here and make money. But if our youngsters like the Neotel boys dont even try a career in Europe I'll kick their butt.

I am neither jealous nor am i looking for shyt...

?

Most of them are very nice guys! I know allot of them very well!! I just want to know what the general feel is about them...? What the people out there's perception is. By the way' date=' doesnt Robert also have a wife and?a kid?? I am sure allot of other riders in Europe also have wife and kids...

as for the other guy who asked... i did ride pro for a couple of years and i have won my fair share of races, i also do know that when those big teams come over to South Africa, they use this as training... you remember a couple of years ago, Ullrich raced here.? So are you telling me that because he didnt win, all the people who won him can go on and do what he did in the Tour??
[/quote']

Ok fair enough they did use it as Pre season training and you might also notice that they do not bring thier full strength squad but in all honesty why would you ask such a question when you were a pro and you have won races????? and why are you not overseas racing as a pro instead of coming onto the hub and talking a whole load of BS!!!