Tubby's and Puncture's

Jason

So... what happens if you cruising along in a race and your tubby goes psssssssssssssssssttt... for those of you who race with tubbys, what do you carry with as a quick fix solution for a tubby just to get you to the end?

Had a puncture in Saturdays ride .... R770 down the drain. Normally I carry a spare tubby... rip off the old and stick on the spare just to get to the end. The spare normally a cheap tubby of R250. Spoke to Peter Jefferies on Saturday said he picked up second hand tubbys from a cycle shop overseas for 5 Euros. thats a bargain. I guess riding with tubbys its a risk ... but one worth taking... tubby's fly

A fold up car in ur back pocket.

Simply remove said device from ur pocket and unfold.

Pack bicycle into car, climb in urself and drive home!

Problem solved!

I recall seeing an ad for an aerosol recently, could be made by Vittoria, that works on the same basis as the flat fix in a can that you can use on cars/motorcycles.  Pressurised goo that seals the leak from the inside.

As a weekend warrior I will happily remain on clinchers.  When I have a team car with a roof full of spare wheels and bikes, and a domestique to tow me back to the action I will worry about tubbies, but not before.

Once you have riden tubbys , clincher feel as if you are riding on flat tires the whole time... bummer to go back to clinchers. Clinchers definately a lot easier to fix when it comes to flats

Flatfix,works like a bomb.

Just make sure the valve extention has a thread on it.(not like the zipp ones)

Conti valve extentions work best.

Had a puncture in Saturdays ride .... R770 down the drain. Normally I carry a spare tubby... rip off the old and stick on the spare just to get to the end. The spare normally a cheap tubby of R250. Spoke to Peter Jefferies on Saturday said he picked up second hand tubbys from a cycle shop overseas for 5 Euros. thats a bargain. I guess riding with tubbys its a risk ... but one worth taking... tubby's fly

yeah, i think the race would have been more interesting if you rode as well Tongue I think in the next race I will sit back and catch a tan Big%20smile. I am taking a bit of a break, need to recuperate.

P.S. Jason, are you still on for this weekend?

Guest Michelle

I think I should put some TCS stickers on the car, get my managers license & follow the elite group...

Vittoria Pit Stop Tongue

Guest Michelle

http://www.vittoria.com/image/jpg/acc_pitstopcorsa.jpg
Pit Stop Road Racing
http://www.vittoria.com/image/gif/vuota.gif
http://www.vittoria.com/image/gif/new.gif
The FIRST inflate and repair cartridge IDEAL for both TUBULARS and TYRES!

As is known, tubulars offer the finest performance cyclist could ever desire, and it's no coincidence that they are chosen by most professionals. However, they have one disadvantage: punctures are very difficult to repair.
This problem has now been solved thanks to the new Vittoria "Pit Stop Road racing" inflate and repair cartridge, ideal for both tubulars and tyres.

- INFLATES a 21-28" tubular up to 6.5 bar (enough to get home and increase pressure with a pump) and a tyre from 0 to 6 bar.

- PERMANENTLY REPAIRS punctures in tubulars/tyres thanks to the special pure latex foam contained in the mixture. Latex, in fact, vulcanises with the compound and permanently seals the puncture.

- Offers 3 months of PREVENTION: 3 months is the time taken by latex to dry in the inner tube. During this period, latex acts as a preventive anti-puncture liquid.

- UNIVERSAL HEAD: excellent for Presta, Schrader, Dunlop and Regina valves, in other words... for all! No adaptors are required: simply fit the cartridge onto the valve and press.

P.S. Jason' date=' are you still on for this weekend?
[/quote'] For sure... Suikerbosrand 08:30 x2 laps? and then Benoni World Champs on Sunday? What do you say?

Michelle, good idea... start learning!!

P.S. Jason' date=' are you still on for this weekend?

[/quote'] For sure... Suikerbosrand 08:30 x2 laps? and then Benoni World Champs on Sunday? What do you say?

Michelle, good idea... start learning!!

thats the way i like it Big%20smile should we not meet up there at 7:00 rather? gonna be damn hot?

thats the way i like it Big%20smile should we not meet up there at 7:00 rather? gonna be damn hot?
Dude! I'm on f@$^#ing standby...

So I first have to check in at work and make sure everything is hunky dory and then cruise at 07:30... I wanted to go early but this standby thing f%@$#%ks me around! It's cool, nice sun, tan, check the bos out, check some bucks... all rustig!

Dude! I'm on f@$^#ing standby...

So I first have to check in at work and make sure everything is hunky dory and then cruise at 07:30... I wanted to go early but this standby thing f%@$#%ks me around! It's cool' date=' nice sun, tan, check the bos out, check some bucks... all rustig!

[/quote']

no probs.. remember your gun Tongue