Ryder 2.5L Hydration pack

Guest Agteros

I bought one of these to use as dodging rocks and putting bottles in cages at the same time does not appeal to me LOL

The question I have about it is with regard to the bite valve.

The pipe end in a stop valve which pulls out for the juices to flow,

much like a normal water bottle. A bite valve fits over the opening of

this.

To me I have to exert an insane quantity of suction force to get a bit

of water out. This is to the extend that I took the bite valve of mid

race and used it like a normal water bottle.

Oh yeah, and instead of looping the hose over my should with the valve

pointing downwards, I looped the hose underneath my shoulder with the

valve clipped in the shoulder strap pointing upwards.

So, am I using it incorrectly in wanting to take a few quick mouthfuls

of water? Am I suppose to bite onto it and let the water trickle into

my mouth? Will it only work correctly when looped over the shoulder?

And no! Please do not tell me to buy a Camelbak as they are just way overpriced at R600 plus

Agteros2008-09-28 14:29:14

go for a polar pak dude the cheap hydro bags or whatever you wanna call them are cr@p and will continue to give you problems no matter what happens rather spend the extra and have less issues take it from a guy who has been there and done that

What I did was buy the Camelbak bite valve @ R89 and plastic hose at a longer, over the shoulder length from Mica @ R15 and now I have a great working solution without the shocking price. There is also a Motorcycle store called Full Throttle in Edenvale that is selling a Camelback (basic, with hose and bite valve for R250 in their clearance store)

Thanks caad4 that is a good idea!

Seems like visits to the hardware & cycling stores are in order this afternoon.

Just remember to take your bladder with to get the correct diameter pipe. I found Mega Mica behind Eastgate to have a good selection. The bite valves are in Due South and Cape Union Mart.

This discussion has not surfaced for a long time ! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cheap water packs or their bladders .

This discussion has not surfaced for a long time ! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cheap water packs or their bladders .

Dunlop come to mind ......

The only reason I like camelbak is because I can leave my water in the bladder for 5 months without it starting to taste weird.

If you replace the bite valve on the Dunlop it should be pretty decent, just disliked the valve and the pack started to leak at the cap, chucked the bladder away, Now I Use it as a small hiking bag for food and stuff.

The only reason I like camelbak is because I can leave my water in the bladder for 5 months without it starting to taste weird.

Shocked... ek weet nie wat om oor dit te se nie...Shocked

Shocked... ek weet nie wat om oor dit te se nie...Shocked

Dont all camelbak users do it...LOL