Sani2C FAQ????

Wazza

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll also need cash if you want a massage. So carry a few hundred in your camelbak.

You'll be given huge amounts of awesome food and drink (just not alcohol). You can make sandwiches at breakfast but you realy don't need to. Last year there were hot McCains chips, Nandos burgers and many other yummy treats en route. You don't even need to carry 3L of water as they advise, unless you plan to go off route. There are big trucks with fresh drinking water too. Unless you're careful, you'll gain weight over the 3 days!

What spares do you take along and can you get spares?along the route at the water points?

Just ride a Specialized bike - Full service for FREE!!! Brilliant!!! - not that you need a good reason to ride a Specialized!! smiley2.gif

Roons, you are opening yourself up to much abuse.LOL

I really dont want to start as to why there needs to be a Spez service area.Evil%20Smile

Take something to read so you can laze about under the trees in the afternoon.

Oh, another thing. Check out the breakfast and start places beforehand so you save yourself some time on the first morning.

Registration is quite a party as well.

Roons' date=' you are opening yourself up to much abuse.LOL

I really dont want to start as to why there needs to be a Spez service area.Evil%20Smile

[/quote']

Much abuse....LOL

A lot of the items listed below may seem like overkill, but they do not take up much space & you can share the load with your partner.

On the ride, Spare derraileur cable, gator (Use a car tyre patch), cable ties, duct tape (wrap around seat post), quick link for your chaim (In fact carry a few) & make sure your multi tool has a chain breaker. Day 2 in particular could be epic & in case you find yourself stranded with injury km's from a water point, carry some big plasters or bandage, super glue & myprodol.

In your overnight bag, carry a spare tyre & some spare spokes & a decent spoke tool. You should be able to borrow a chain whip & other tools for removing a cassette, so I would not bother with these in your overninght bag.  

I am also doing my first SANI2C and not too sure on what to take. Do they have energy drinks at the water points or should we bring our normal drink?

There were energy drinks last year, brownbear, although I carried some of my own powder and mixed it with water available at the water points. The water points were excellent, well-stocked with food and drink.

Loose stax of weight before hand, you gain it all back in three days LOL

Buy a Subaru, if you don't do it before the event you will want one afterwards LOL

Don't complain about the compulsory stop on day 2, time flies Wink

Do regular 2-3 hour rides now. Do some long rides nearer the time (Nov to Jan) and a few races. Take it easy in the two weeks leading up to the race, but try do some exercise in hot conditions in the month before, to heat acclimatize. It was cool last year, but it could get very hot and humid in the valley on day 2. A week training in the heat will have huge benefits.

I think somebody said it be4 ' date=' no serious training needed. [/quote']

Thanks for your advice, will follow your it fully.Big%20smile