Poor road manners

MWdeJager

I am surprised that there weren't any comments on the hub about the poor discipline at the DC. It was the same thing - rules ignored all over the place which compromised safety. I know someone who gave up his weekend to marshall and he will never do it again. He was sworn at and threatened by the support vehicles of 2 of the top 10 teams because he objected to their "rolling support".

As a group we have a lot to consider.

At the DC, it is another problem altogeter.  The road near Suurbraak is very narrow.  Teams are not allowed to slipstream other teams so you need to pass as early as possible.  The team at the front is using up all of the left lane - what do you do?

Then some a$$h0le with his bakkie (obviously a backup vehicle because there are bicycle wheels on the back) almost takes out one of our riders by passing us while we're passing the group in front.  One would expect a backup vehicle driver to have more senceAngry.

PS:  The road ahead was 100% clear, no solid line in the middle of the road, so we were good to go.  The backup vehicle could have waited one minute.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the right and saw 2 things:

1) A motorcycle rider who have to patrol 10 cyclists because the are too DUMM to understand what it means "STAY LEFT OF THE WHITE LINE". = That rule your dad told you when you was sitting in the backseat of the motorcar.

Flip = You know that since 4years old age.

WHY DO YOU NEED A MOTORCYCLE RIDER TO CONTROL YOU LIKE DAMM SHEEP?

2) And on the LEFT,I saw a yellow line ...and no rides in it.

That shows the riders mentallity.

Actually the front riders are in the yellow lane and the others are sitting echelon to avoid riding in the wind, which is very useful when you're doing 45km/h into a strong wind? And yes you're right it does show the riders mentality, we're racing?

I looked at the right and saw 2 things:

1) A motorcycle rider who have to patrol 10 cyclists because the are too DUMM to understand what it means "STAY LEFT OF THE WHITE LINE". = That rule your dad told you when you was sitting in the backseat of the motorcar.

Flip = You know that since 4years old age.

WHY DO YOU NEED A MOTORCYCLE RIDER TO CONTROL YOU LIKE DAMM SHEEP?

2) And on the LEFT' date='I saw a yellow line ...and no rides in it.

That shows the riders mentallity.[/quote']

Clearly you haven't done any hard racing.

Popeye its called racing!!  when you spend all your free time training, spend all te spare cash on your bike to get a bit of advantage.  So in the race you take risks, you always have the chance of making the next move, and you never want to give your competition any advantage.  Racing is very much different to a group that wants to ride from start to finish in the best time

Glad to see I could supply such a stimulating image, courtesy of the kid & and fattyBig%20smile

a boundary must have a consequence...otherwise it is not a boundary...

(to explain.... the white center line must be enfoced,  "you go over, warning....2nd time DQ" or use it to move up to the front but be quick and when the marshal deems it safe...

Its should be like a stop and drop zone.... just for 10 seconds....

Can we also attack on the right sideBig%20smile

well according to liberty.... apparently so Wink

in tour de gutter....

Is that the R101 that we had the gutter on the RHS of the road.....

the motorbike  with that volenteer PPA guy on the back with the load hailer...

he just asked us to move to the left... then 3 liberty guys attacked on the right....

UCI fine.. 1000 swiss franks...

liberty attacking on the RHS after just being moved to the left... priceless

for everthing else theres mastercardLOLWink

Token and Niterider, Thats true, I've never did hard racing, maybe its because I'm not prepared to put my life in danger for the R1000 winners fee.

Not sure if you guys ever got some placings to share the prize money, but if you did, hope the money is well worth it.

No one in this country races for prize money.

Yip,  cause there is no money to race for LOL

Popeye, you are confusing the issue.

The point is that the organisers get permission for us to use the road to race. The traffic authorities and appointed marshals are employed to ensure that we have right of way at intersections. The only rule that we have to live by is that we must stay on the left of the center line and in the left lane when there are two lanes.

If riders attack up the center line then they are using that as an advantage the same as they would if the wind was from the other direction and attacked up the gutter. The point is that the rest of the bunch MUST have the discipline to treat the center line as if it were the edge of the road.

SIMPLE as that!

It has nothing to do with whether we should be racing or not.

Windbreaker, my last on this.

TOKEN was the racer who talked about racing

"The only rule that we have to live by is that we must stay on the left of the center line and in the left lane when there are two lanes"....

Dunno were you here that last piece. The rule is to not go over the white line,

Than..Francios du Toit and a couple was DQ earlier in the season for NOT HAVING 2 NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THEIR CYCLING TOP...hardly a dangerious issue.

Do not come with the crap that "racing" means you can brake the law and race rules.

If you can't race within the rules of the race, than the sport is not for you

You are putting 109000 + cyclist in our country in a bad light in the eyes of the normal public.

Windbreaker' date=' my last on this. [/quote']

mine too

TOKEN was the racer who talked about racing

Sorry

"The only rule that we have to live by is that we must stay on the left of the center line and in the left lane when there are two lanes"....

Dunno were you here that last piece. The rule is to not go over the white line' date=' [/quote']

At the ride on Sunday it was stated over and over again that where there are two lanes use ONLY the left.

Than..Francios du Toit and a couple was DQ earlier in the season for NOT HAVING 2 NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THEIR CYCLING TOP...hardly a dangerious issue.

I objected formally to those and then the scrapping of the red hill ride and used the same argument about the white line. So we agree on that.

Do not come with the crap that "racing" means you can brake the law and race rules.

If you can't race within the rules of the race' date=' than the sport is not for you

You are putting 109000 + cyclist in our country in a bad light in the eyes of the normal public.[/quote']

No you are definitely getting confused because I said exactly the same thing.

Over and out!