Rides in/around Knysna

NickD

Hi all,

Going to Knysna on the 12 th Dec.

Taking road bikes with.

Can anyone help with rides, routes etc or is there an LBS?

Thanks,

Nick

There is Knysnal Cycle works and Action Cycles, I think. Usually pretty helpful and friendly.

If you are wanting fairly long rides, you are pretty limited to riding along the N2 in either direction. Apart from getting boring if you are riding often, Its a bit dangerous in a few spots...

I will be in Plett for a few days and will be joining Kevin Evans' morning rides. Same story there. Dodgy and Boring N2 for the most part...

Dude, get yourself a mountainbike, awesome trails in the area, check out Harkerville! If you dont own one yet maybe findout if you can rent one from Cycle Works or action cycles

I don't think I would want to ride around Knysna over December. It's bad enough with a car nevermind a bicycle. will get on a MTB and go into the forrests.

Have been riding in Plett for the past 6 years, i have not found it dangerous at all and once you do the passes there is hardly a car in sight.  Phone through to the Bike Shop, have a chat to Kevin, sometimes the group rides towards Knysna and picks up a group of cyclists, they then head on back to Plett and to do the 2 passes to get some extra mileage.  There are hundreds of cyclist in Plett and Knysna over the festive season, should not be a problem hooking up with a group.  There are excellent m/bike trails and Kevin on Sundays does a m/bike ride.

NickD

What a great time waiting for you!!!

Phone Johnny Arts- a rider from Belgium- lives in Hoekwil near Sedgefield. His father's name is Frans Arts. - in his late 70's and still cycling. All the cycle shops know him well. He will take you with his "Colnago" on the best roads around Knysna for hours and hours. All the localls will help you. Willie in George(WILLIE MARX Cycle shop) will help you to find him. He also know the local's who will take you on the best rides you can only read in magazines.

You can still train on the road--but you have to ask...a great time is waiting if you - just ask them. I know what I'm talking about- it was my valley for years and years. Good Luck!

Dear all.

Many, many thanks.

I really look forward to the experience.

My wife started riding about 6 months ago, having never been allowed on the road as a child. She absolutely loves it and I must say after 25 years of marriage, we are experiencing some of the best quality time together by riding.

Regards,

Nick