Thank You , PPA and Race Orginizers

Brakkies Sport Fotos

I know what marius is saying.  You either break the rules and go with the race and have fun,  or you stay left get droped have a crap time riding to the finish alone and still get DQ

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yess, that's all I'm staying Token, I personally don't care since I got dropped hitting Helz so I got a crappy seeding anyway, but I feel for the guys that made it to the end. And singling out riders is stupid, EVERY1 not dropped in the first 5mins going up BottlaryRd was at some time of other on the wrong side of the road. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If they only looking to get ppl going up Helz and further on well then I'm clean cuz I stayed on the ride side after I got dropped.

Hey, I stayed on my side of the road on Bottlery, it was the road out to Wellington where I crossed over. And so did everyone in that bunch, that or get dropped? At that point it was a very easy decision, drop or cross, once we were across there was no going back?

It's all fine and well saying you don't care about seeding ..... until someone gets hit head on by a car.

You say you want to stay with the guys to enjoy the race. If you find riding on the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic whilst ruining cyclings reputation for the rest of us, enjoyable, then maybe you should take up another sport.

You may not care 2 sh*ts about seeding but riding like that causes more motorists to think that cyclists are idiots who don't respect road rules.

well i think most of the elites would agree that prize money to 30th place would have been great and then used the prise money from 31st to 120st to hire te extra cop so that we could have a rolling closure

Rolling closure for who?  Just the elites?  I think snot!

For everybody...very difficult to organise.

What if the wind had been blowing the other way...guys would have been guttered and would have had to create another echelon.  Why is that so hard to do when the back of the echelon is heading towards the centre of the road?

Rolling closure for who?  Just the elites?  I think snot!

Why not,  its only us that would be racing (and im talking about bigger events like this one where there is elites and vets and normally someone else )

Why not?  'Cause why should the rest of the alphabet pay for the elites to get a road closure that they do not get.

So what about the die hard that try to get a better argus seeding and he/she must face everything and you guys got the easy run?

Come on, dont be so selfish

what make it easier,  it just take the risk of an accident out,  would proberly be harder cause we will really race if the wind was too blow and the bunch would be destroyed if we could ride a gutter for a long time

So Token only you guys are racing ?

Talk about being blinkered.

There are guys all the way down to Z group and beyond who are racing. Just because there is no prize money and no race points at stake lower down does not mean you are superior. Without everyone to make up the numbers there would probably be insufficient funds to have the race at all. Certainly less interest .... and sponsors of races would fall away.

So Token only you guys are racing ?
Talk about being blinkered.
There are guys all the way down to Z group and beyond who are racing...

Clap

Hype you are correct,  most people are having there own race, if its agaings there friends, group, PB. But when I talking about our racing it is very tactical sometimes where we can use the elements to make our competitor suffer more so that we can get to the finish before them.

I understand what you're saying but you need to bear in mind what the purpose of the PPA is. It's to facilitate cycling for all.

The lower seeded guys are also trying to hang on behind guys that are stronger than them. They are suffering to the same degree and it's just as tempting to cross the middle line to get some "assistance" even though there's no money or points involved. But generally they seem more respectful of the rules.

The tactics you mention should not come before the rules ... or your own safety for that matter.

Hype   I agree with the rules 100%,  what the elites did on sunday was wrong,  but what im trying to suggest a solution for the future.