Old Tubes

Nancy Drew

I pulled a box out from under the stairs today to discover that it was full of old/used tubes - MTB mostly some with schrader and some with presta valves.  I never realised how many of the things I had accumulated over the last couple of years.

Fixing and reusing them is probably never going to happen (easier to just buy a new one). I also don't just want to throw them away (being a bit of a tree-hugger).. is there any environmentally friendly way of disposing of them?

So the question is.. what do you do with your used tubes?

Good idea WW... they can definitely all be fixed

now.. anyone have any ideas on where I find a development team in Gauteng?

When you cut them up they're useful for all sorts of stuff

I agree.. I have cut a couple of them up for various uses, but I don't need as many as I have

I pass all my tubes onto friends in my local township. They fix the ones that they can and the rest they cut up and make patches etc.

I pulled a box out from under the stairs today to discover that it was full of old/used tubes - MTB mostly some with schrader and some with presta valves.  I never realised how many of the things I had accumulated over the last couple of years.

Fixing and reusing them is probably never going to happen (easier to just buy a new one). I also don't just want to throw them away (being a bit of a tree-hugger).. is there any environmentally friendly way of disposing of them?

So the question is.. what do you do with your used tubes?

They hold people things down very well. I use old tubes as tie-downs for bikes in the back of my bakkie or on my bike racks. I give all my old cycling stuff, including partly-worn tyres and usable tubes to Jill Bezuidenhout who runs the Mr Price Academy (011 903 7945).

Or, you could get creative and make jewelry, dresses, bouquets and even handbags out of them...

20081013_001717_bicycle-tire-in.jpg20081013_001103_bicycle-tire-in.jpg

20081013_000421_bicycle-tire-in.jpg

They hold people things down very well. I use old tubes as tie-downs for bikes in the back of my bakkie or on my bike racks. I give all my old cycling stuff' date=' including partly-worn tyres and usable tubes to Jill Bezuidenhout who runs the Mr Price Academy (011 903 7945).

[/quote']

hmmm.. the handcuffs in the dungeon are a little bit harsh Tongue

Thanks Sean.. I'll speak to Jill

Nancy having a latex fetish does not mean tubes.....................  it is something totally different

*ducks*

You can also give Jacarande Childrens home a shout Thinus Erwee has a lot of bikes to maintain too

Hmmmmmm......

Could you make cycling kit our of old tubes? Could even provide some protection in a fall????

Sure you would build up a good sweat........

Protection for your bike in transport? A bike suit!!!!!