Training after injury

steve

I was recently injured in a car crash and discoveredc 18 days in ICU makes fitness disappear quickly.

Problem is I also suffered swollen brain, punctured lungs, broken ribs and broken shoulder. A doctor at hospital said he had no problems with me cycling, but my balance is way off and I don't quite know what to do. Normal doctors don't understand!!

Surely there must be some doctor types who read this site?

I was recently injured in a car crash and discoveredc 18 days in ICU makes fitness disappear quickly.

Problem is I also suffered swollen brain' date=' punctured lungs, broken ribs and broken shoulder. A doctor at hospital said he had no problems with me cycling, but my balance is way off and I don't quite know what to do. Normal doctors don't understand!!

Surely there must be some doctor types who read this site?
[/quote']

A while back I publicised "Headway Gauteng" a group dealing with people suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury "TBI" & most TBIs are injuries from vehicle accidents.

I was there on Friday and saw they had a Bio-kineticist who helps people literally get back on their feet - can't remember his name, might be Adrian.

Anyway they also have a telephone help line give them a call on: 442 5733.

steve, go see stefan muller at sandton biokinetic centre.... he is a very serious athlete himself so he will definately understand

Steve, good luck with your recovery.

But on the lighter side of things ..... you can always get training wheels !

hype, no ways... if there are any training wheels around they gotta come to me... i'm the one that keeps crashing on my bike!

p.s. steve, i feel for you cos on saturday i went out for the first time since my amashova crash and man oh man did i notice how twitchy a tcr can be! (that is my excuse and i'm sticking to it Wink)

slowpoke your TCR was not twitchy, it was scared.

Scared you were going to hurt it again.

Glad you were riding again though, twitchy or not.

steve, you could always try the indoor trainer until balance returns.