Shimano chain on Campy Chorus?

Flippa

Figured I'll give my LBS the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, if I'm not happy I can always swop it for a Campy chain.

I may have posted this before, but removeable links are just the best addition you can make to your bike.  SRAM for 9-speed and Connex, as has been said for 10-speed.  I truly do not understand why LBS's do not put these links on the chain as a matter of course.  Nor do I understand why Campag and Shimano do not make their own removeable links.

Cleaning the chain, cassette and jockey pulleys with the chain off the bike is a pleasure and cleaning the bike itself with no chain in the way is also a whole lot easier.

Bonus tip:  make something that looks like this (______________) about 10cm long out of wire to hold the two ends of the chain together while you replace the removed link.

Problem with campy chains is you need a campy chain breaker to remove links, and that costs more than twice as much as the chain. Better to go with a campy compatable alternative, like Dick said.

BS!

When I installed my Connex link I used the general purpose chain breaker that comes with my Topeak 14,000-tools-on-a-stick gadget.  With that heavy sucker it's a good thing I have a light bike!

From the BranfordBike website:

"You may use a Park chain tool to add or

remove links normally, on a Campagnolo 8 or 9 speed chain. You may use

a Park chain tool to remove links on a 10 speed chain. For maximum

safety we suggest using the Campagnolo UT-CN200 chain tool to add links

or install the one-use hollow rivet."

So i'm both wrong and right. You should use the campy tool to Add links, and a regular tool to Remove links.

Way to go Flippa..... ten minste het jy nou iets van kwaliteit op jou fiets..... baie geluk!!!!!!!!

You will also realize that most of the dingo's on this messageboard does not really know anything about bike mechanics. All they know is the chitter chatter uttered while they wait for races to start.

I've actually learned to enjoy some of the humour from Big H so it has little to do "with mine is ..." (excuse the pun).

Nor do I understand why Campag and Shimano do not make their own removeable links.

maybe because the Connex quick link, which the best quick link, is patented??Wink

maybe because the Shimano joining pin and Campy joining pins are the best solution they have for their design of chain...

Theyall work, it's just that some offer convenience while other solutions offer maximum strength