Am I the only one .... ?

markStockton

Am I the only one getting numerous unsolicited (read: verbal spam) phone calls from various people trying to sell every thing from financial planning solutions to road side assistance.

Geez I've had enough. How the f##k do I get them to leave me alone? Where is the opt out link? Because I'm going to hunt down and kill a tele-marketer soon. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your bank sold them the info so go moer them!Big%20smile

Must admit, I have had 3 this week alone. Times are sure tough out there!!

Nope, I get them too, selling all kinds of "financial plans". I just put the phone down as soon as I hear it is one of "them".

Its happening all the time - they're trying to get their jollies in before the Protection of Personal Information act stops all this nonsense.

Its happening all the time - they're trying to get their jollies in before the Protection of Personal Information act stops all this nonsense.

When is this small slice of heaven due to take effect?

Yip Shaun, I'm pretty sure it was Nedwank who sold the details. I'm not entirely sure how to go about punishing them suitably.  

markStockton2008-10-22 01:15:22

I don't get that much phone calls, still get them. What's your number I'll get our call centre to phone you and sell you something if the calls stop.lol

I also don't like the people that phone you, it's fine if they phone you but they must end the call when you say no thanks the first time. They get arrogant. I just drop the call

I've also been getting a lot of them this past week. I was lying in bed with the flu last week - got 3 phone calls in 1 morning. The last 2 I asked to please hold as I have another call incoming. Put them on hold and went back to sleep. Not sure how long they held the line.

Probably by the end of next year - there's a lot of technical issues around this though.

It may protect you from being spammed, but it also puts a big dent in the business of financial collection agencies who need to track down loan defaults etc etc. They now don't have access to the kind of information they need to do their business.

Your number is usually sold to these guys by the large gym groups.

I've also been getting a lot of them this past week. I was lying in bed with the flu last week - got 3 phone calls in 1 morning. The last 2 I asked to please hold as I have another call incoming. Put them on hold and went back to sleep. Not sure how long they held the line.

dude... i love your WWF avatar... brilliant!

I like this idea, put them on hold and never get back to them. That way you push up their operational costs as well as stop them for a short period of time spamming someone else. Mmmmm.

I like this idea' date=' put them on hold and never get back to them. That way you push up their operational costs as well as stop them for a short period of time spamming someone else. Mmmmm.
[/quote']

or interrupt to tell them all about your fantastic business and the services you offer. see how they react. or to chat a couple of them up and ask them out on a date.