Clearwater Ocean Basket - pathetic

pastapouch

LOL Maybe I go and do that .

I don't know how big the damage to said establisment will be , but myself will avoid going there . ok not totally , I may pop in for the glass of water and chips ! Finding places to go and have a meal is getting a real problem for me , will have to go and eat out at my mom's place more !

This was discussed on air on 702 last week, with the consensus being the management did not handle the incident in the best manner.

However many callers involved in the industry did explain that they loose valuable trade due to what they call the Coke and Chip crowd. They come in groups, order a few cokes and a plate of chips then sit the whole night, meanwhile customers wanting to sit for a proper meal cannot as there is no space. 

Bad service must be exposed, named and shamed!! It's the only way to bring about the demise of bad businesses and their practice and will force businesses to provide optimum service levels and not just talk about it!! PS. Largely the concept of service in good ole RSA in non-existenet

If you do want your money from the "coke and chip" gang, then have a small footer on the menu stating that a minumum of R50 per head will be charged. If they do order a meal for less then that amount, their fish and chips are only R25, it's up to the manager/waiter to waiver that "rule". There is a few restaurant in Sandton that's got that rule because the big shots go out lunch time for a drink or two.