Fair price for classic 'dale mtb

Aicorner

Friend of mine wants to sell a Canondale mtb, about 20 years old, fully rigid (before Rockshox !), old 6 speed XTR, weighs under 12kgs and has a pump built into the seat post.  Hardly ridden (I know my mate !)

Its a real babe of a bike & I'd like to a fair offer, but how does one value a bike like that - anyone got any ideas about what a fair price would be ?

He also has an old R100 for sale if anyone is interested.

I'm sure someone will want a quality frame to convert into a singlespeed. Try posting a picture of this classic and let the bids begin.

He also has an old R100 for sale if anyone is interested.

I don't think there are many, if any, coin collectors on the Hub. Best is to take it a real coin shop.

LOL

Friend of mine wants to sell a Canondale mtb' date=' about 20 years old, fully rigid (before Rockshox !), old 6 speed XTR, weighs under 12kgs and has a pump built into the seat post.  Hardly ridden (I know my mate !)

[/quote']

I would love to rebuild that into a very cool single speed.

No, I don't want to sell the classic : I want to buy it.  I just want to know how much so I don't rob the seller (too badly !)

Are you changing your mind now that you see the interest?Cool There are a few Hubbers that realise the quality of Cannondale.

But making a SS out of it sounds very wrong !

i agree. i'd keep it the way it is.

If you going to ride it, which you should being that it is a 'dale. You going to wear out the chainset eventually. Why not remove it and put it away. Turn it into an SS using cheap generic bits and if you ever want to restore it, you have all the bits stowed away somewhere.

How do I explain this ?

I want to buy the mtb.  I thought the collective wisdom of this forum would be able to suggest a fair price, or a fair way of determing one.

I don't want to buy the road bike, but mentioned it in case anyone is interested in the 20 year old that started the rush to alu