Mind your own Business

longweasel

What nonsense.

So you have never gone into a shop and said "sorry too expensive"? - how dos the shop assistant respond. Maybe you lost him 5 sales.

Whats the point of a board if not too advise and prompt publicly - if its too expensive, worn out, old or simply outdated its my opinion a prospective buyer should know about it. 

Its amazing how "self interest" works, I would suggest that you would like to know if something was too expensive or in some way defective if you were the buyer would you not - why is it differant when you are the seller.?

Anyway, the point of ANY board is to make information available, and that means the good and the bad, its up to the reader to decide if its relevant to them or not.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sellit on Gumtree if you don't want to get a pasting. I've sold a few things and bought a few things on the hub. I got lots of funny, irrelevant, stupid, accurate, wildy inaccurate comments on the stuff I sold, but in the end a buyer saw the value I was asking and paid up. Same with the stuff I bought - there were all sorts of comments, many of which were bollocks, some of which I noted. But hey I got me a mind of my own and made it up....

I do like the dickwad theory. Man I should have remained amomymous (similar to motherless) I could of gotten away with being a total dickwad without anyone actually knowing that I am a total dickwad!! Ahh, the marvels of modern technology...

Hey LW..... I understand what you say and am all with you..... but everyone has there right to say what they want....

And soon you going to be told to not moan like Oom H.....

my 2c worth....

But  thanks

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Sorry mtbking81' date=' I dont think that is worth 2c, I can get the same oppinion on CWC or Chainreaction for only 1.75c including vat, but excluding .1c for shipping, so you are a rip off. Is your 2c worth shimano or campy compatible? oh and post a couch pic. I offer you 1.5c take it or leave it
[/quote']

ok Ill take it.... pm me ur bank details.....

and now you wish you had said  R10 000....

Allow me to play devils advocate:

Surely if you put something out there in the public domain' date=' be it your ideas, something for sale, pictures of your mom etc, people have the right to comment and give their fair opinion? It is public domain after all?

Devils advocate mode off.

What really grates me is when someone posts an item for sale, and some dude with 2 posts will make him an offer for half of what the asking price is! Angry Use a PM you idiots!

[/quote']

Clap

It's a forum. If you don't want people to make comments, then post your ad on Gumtree, but you'll still get dudes wanting to pay you half of what u'r offering. That's human nature.

The biggest hose for me is when someone asks for people to make their best offer....hahahaha....it's ALWAYS something like "2 gels and a hotdog"!!!

Still, I'll never ever be able to sell anything in future if it's not been photographed on the couch! LOL

Thumbs%20Up

What nonsense.

So you have never gone into a shop and said "sorry too expensive"? - how dos the shop assistant respond. Maybe you lost him 5 sales.

Whats the point of a board if not too advise and prompt publicly - if its too expensive' date=' worn out, old or simply outdated its my opinion a prospective buyer should know about it. 

Its amazing how "self interest" works, I would suggest that you would like to know if something was too expensive or in some way defective if you were the buyer would you not - why is it differant when you are the seller.?

Anyway, the point of ANY board is to make information available, and that means the good and the bad, its up to the reader to decide if its relevant to them or not.

[/quote']

Just sellit on Gumtree if you don't want to get a

pasting. I've sold a few things and bought a few things on the hub. I

got lots of funny' date=' irrelevant, stupid, accurate, wildy inaccurate

comments on the stuff I sold, but in the end a buyer saw the value I

was asking and paid up. Same with the stuff I bought - there were all

sorts of comments, many of which were bollocks, some of which I noted.

But hey I got me a mind of my own and made it up....

[/quote']

Problem is that just as there are commentators that don't know what they're talking about, there are also readers that don't know any better and as such, sales can and will be lost as a result of some idiot's remarks.

I do like the dickwad theory. Man I should have remained amomymous (similar to motherless) I could of gotten away with being a total dickwad without anyone actually knowing that I am a total dickwad!! Ahh' date=' the marvels of modern technology... [/quote']

...and fools never differ..Wink

I do like the dickwad theory. Man I should have remained 

anonymous (similar to motherless) I could of gotten away with being a total dickwad without anyone actually knowing that I am a total dickwad!! Ahh' date=' the marvels of modern technology... [/quote']

Wierd how it is always the anonymous dudes who complain the most.Dead

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what some third party thinks. It is all about opinions, and what you think is too expensive might be a good deal to someone else. 

The other thing is that some dumbasses stupid comment is also a free bump...keeps your junk in circulation, and I don't mean that in a promiscuous way. If it has value sooner or later someone will need it and will buy it. If indeed it is useless overpriced crap, well you'll be stuck with it now won't you.

Nice cannondale you selling though, Longweasel. Price seems OK as well.

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it' date=' not what some third party thinks. It is all about opinions, and what you think is too expensive might be a good deal to someone else. [/quote']

I think that's what Warren Buffett was getting at when he said price is what you pay, value is what you get.

I do like the dickwad theory. Man I should have remained 

anonymous (similar to motherless) I could of gotten away with being a total dickwad without anyone actually knowing that I am a total dickwad!! Ahh' date=' the marvels of modern technology... [/quote']

Wierd how it is always the anonymous dudes who complain the most.Dead

Wierd indeed.Wacko

Guest colonel

On a SA Motocross forum like this once the user has posted his/her items for sale the topic is locked purely for the reasons in the 1st post and if people are intrested they PM the seller. That way there is no sh*t and crap posts below that can and do ruin a sale.

On a SA Motocross forum like this once the user has posted his/her items for sale the topic is locked purely for the reasons in the 1st post and if people are intrested they PM the seller. That way there is no sh*t and crap posts below that can and do ruin a sale.

often a lot of the questions asked are relevant to other buyers tho. sometime you gotta take the good with the bad.