Pathetic Customer Service: CRC

vaulter1

Why not support local bike shops instead on paying postage and getting disappointment. At least u have after sale service

I'm pulling these figures off the top off my head, but in 2004 I was quoted the following by my LBS:

Chris King rear hub            R 4800

Chris King front hub              2000

DT spokes x 64                   +1000

Mavic XC-717 rims x 2         +1200

Total                                   + 9000

In stead I ordered a fully-built set of wheels from Chain Reaction Cycles comprising the same components.

Landed cost after shipping, duties and VAT was under R 5000!

That's pretty simple math! And really....how many times have you had to warrenty bike parts....?

I have once.

It was purchased from JensonUSA. My crank-arm had developed play on the pressed-in spindle. They requested me to do what they termed a 'field-destroy'. This required rendering the entire crankset useless by whatever means at my disposal and sending them pics of the destroyed crankset.

This was simply so that they could cover themselves from litigation in case they didn't remove the defective part from the market and someone then used the broken component, causing injury and then suing them.

Due to the customer service rep being an idiot, I waited 4 weeks after emailing the pics for them to send me the new crank.

Was it worth the hassle of being without my crankset for 5 weeks total?

Well....erm....it was a Race Face Deus crankset.

Local retail price    R 4500

JensonUSA price including shipping, duties and VAT   R 2000

The answer is HELL YES!

Like I said....the math is pretty simple

The only stuff I would bauy from CRC is stuff that is not likely to break. suspension systems, bikes and frames i think is a bit dodgy.

they do have scary low prices. But if you push the volumes they do, you can ask that price.

i live in the uk, and also placed an order last week, xo rear mech, cassette and chain. a day later i ordered a stem. the stem arrived in 2 days. im still waiting for the mech, chain and cassette. sent them 2 emails this week, and each time they reply that the flood sale made it very busy for them and they have a backlog of orders. the f@ckers already have my money. i hope they have not sold me something that they dont actually have in stock, coz i dont want the money back, i want the stuff i orderd because it was a bargain and a half!!

Why not support local bike shops instead on paying postage and getting disappointment. At least u have after sale service

I'm pulling these figures off the top off my head' date=' but in 2004 I was quoted the following by my LBS:

In stead I ordered a fully-built set of wheels from Chain Reaction Cycles comprising the same components.

That's pretty simple math! And really....how many times have you had to warrenty bike parts....?

I have once.

It was purchased from JensonUSA. My crank-arm had developed play on the pressed-in spindle. They requested me to do what they termed a 'field-destroy'. This required rendering the entire crankset useless by whatever means at my disposal and sending them pics of the destroyed crankset.
This was simply so that they could cover themselves from litigation in case they didn't remove the defective part from the market and someone then used the broken component, causing injury and then suing them.

Due to the customer service rep being an idiot, I waited 4 weeks after emailing the pics for them to send me the new crank.

The answer is HELL YES!

[/quote']

WHO THE HELL QUOTED R1000 FOR A SET OF SPOKES?????
PipSnip2008-11-12 23:58:04

I'm pulling these figures off the top off my head' date=' but in 2004 I was quoted the following by my LBS:

I have once.

The answer is HELL YES!

[/quote']

It's a fair price for top-of-the-range spokes

You can spend even more than that

Last year I had them build me a complete set of DT Swiss rims (240s Hubs, XC4.2 rims, Revolution spokes). The landed price including local VAT worked out to around R5.5k.

I was quoted at the time around R6k just for the hubs alone from my lbs.

I ordered my stuff from CRC on friday.

I just received my order. 

Everything in the box and very speedy indeed.

they even delivered the big box. did not have to go fetch it at the post office.

that is good, efficient fast service from abroad.(and the local customs and post office people i might add)

I am impressed.

I've been quoted everything from R5 to R 20 per spoke. The R 1000, only works out R 15.62 per spoke.