Power Stats - 94.7 VC (Mighty Mouse)

bruce

Looks like the Vets had a not so hectic ride?

if his face was anything to go by' date=' he was simply cruising along with zero effort... LOLLOLLOLClap

as for the rest of them - i dunno... they were too far back so after getting him safely to the finish line i just headed off to go sort out some taxis in randburg area...
[/quote']

James Lauter (sp?) doing the commentary on the line got a bit of a surprise when Andrew arrived, nearly missed him!

Belive me, 0.9 Intensity for 1 hour hurts, he just hides it well.

huh?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??  a big yellow bike with yellow headlights and hazzards on and strobes flashing away and hooting like mad and revving it's loud pipes comes tearing up and peels off into the "official cars" turn off at insane speed (almost seeing her @ss in the process) and he nearly misses the fact that there is a winner about to cross the line??????? eish, next year i'm fitting a mega-loud horn as well!!!!!!!

Obviously not the most observant peanut in the pack LOL

that last TT is impressive - If of 0.9 -- so his FTP should be round about 320?

or 5.2 W/KG? 

Yup' date=' he's not quite at his peak at the moment.
[/quote']

Bruce, i speak under correction...but does Andrew not ride with a group from the Engen garage in the mornings?  If that is the case, how would he be able to train his L4, L5, L6 zones if he is in a group? 

Andrew rides L4, L5 and L6, the group chases him around Jozi...

ConfusedConfusedConfused, sheesh!!!  Glad i don't live in Jozi....must be "fun" when you roll through and Andrew is next to you.......ok, i am gonna do a quick 6min L5 interval......1 x new handle bar tape and carbon bar when you get homeLOLLOL

every so often i see the remnants of the group when i'm on my way to work... they look  worse than after the average race... seriously bad... on one or two occasions i've even considered turning and excorting them to make sure they don't fall over in the road... LOLLOLLOL

[

Andrew rides L4, L5 and L6, the group chases him around Jozi...

That's pretty much it.  Andrew just rides hard and then he rests.  I've tried to get him to do intervals, but usually just get a not so polite F.O. 

He does L5/L6 in the various hills on the route, and everybody else tries to hang on.

Bruce, if he were to do more L4, L5 on his own in a more structured manner, would he not improve (not that he needs to improve) more so than riding in the bunch each morning? 

ConfusedConfusedConfused' date=' sheesh!!!  Glad i don't live in Jozi....must be "fun" when you roll through and Andrew is next to you.......ok, i am gonna do a quick 6min L5 interval......1 x new handle bar tape and carbon bar when you get homeLOLLOL
[/quote']

That's why it is well documented that you don't half-wheel him, he just goes faster! Ouch

LOLLOLLOL In the goup i ride with, we also have a guy that loves to half-wheel everyone......eventually he has to look back  to be able to talk to the person next to him.....and even then he does not realise that he is half-wheeling the personConfused

every so often i see the remnants of the group when i'm on my way to work... they look  worse than after the average race... seriously bad... on one or two occasions i've even considered turning and excorting them to make sure they don't fall over in the road... LOLLOLLOL

often my powerfiles for these rides show far higher efforts than actual racing Dead

[

Andrew rides L4' date= L5 and L6, the group chases him around Jozi...
[/quote]

That's pretty much it.  Andrew just rides hard and then he rests.  I've tried to get him to do intervals, but usually just get a not so polite F.O. 

He does L5/L6 in the various hills on the route, and everybody else tries to hang on.

Bruce, if he were to do more L4, L5 on his own in a more structured manner, would he not improve (not that he needs to improve) more so than riding in the bunch each morning? 

Probably.  He did some interval training before Nationals this year, and produced the best numbers we've seen since he's been riding with a power meter.

But his training is very similar to the way he races, so from a specificity perspective, it's no problem.

• 1 month later...

Okay' date=' here's a little exercise for you.  Take the avg power in his attack, divide by 63kg (to be on the safe side).  Then multiply by your own weight.

Now, try do that power for 4 minutes, then immediately do 1 hour at 0.9 intensity factor (90% of your FTP)

That's what it takes to solo win a race like that!!
[/quote']

Bruce, just to clear the solo win statement ... I believe that Graeme Cronje was with Andrew in an attack on the bunch ... Andrew left Graeme behind in the last few km's of the race to win the race and the bunch caught Graeme towards the end of the race ....
KlapperKnop2009-01-08 06:28:51

Okay' date=' here's a little exercise for you.? Take the avg power in his attack, divide by 63kg (to be on the safe side).? Then multiply by your own weight.

Now, try do that power for 4 minutes, then immediately do 1 hour at 0.9 intensity factor (90% of your FTP)

?

That's what it takes to solo win a race like that!!
[/quote']

?

Bruce, just to clear the solo win statement ... I believe that Graeme Cronje was with Andrew in an attack on the bunch ... Andrew left Graeme behind in the last few km's of the race to win the race and the bunch caught Graeme towards the end of the race ....

Graeme was with Andrew, but Andrew rode solo from just after getting onto the highway, probably about 30km to go.