NCR: Drivers licence frustration

THE BODY CENTRE

When in need of urgent medical attention, one goes to after hours emergency.

When you need an urgent passport, you maybe pay a bit more, but it is possible

etc etc etc. There is always some option for unusual circumstances.

How come there is NO way in the country you can get an appointment to get a driver's licence earlier than 'what the computer says'!! Which is sometime in April in the Cape, April in George, February in Knysna, April in Riversdale, impossible to book in Caledon UNTIL mid Jan, and the list continues.

Is this a Western Cape thing, or is it the same up in Gauteng?

If there is anyone out there with a possible solution, I am all ears!

Angry!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got the same hassles up here in GP. My wife is also battling to get appointments. She was lucky to get one on the 29th of this month after battling for a while.

Going through a driving school does sometimes help. They know all the tricks of the trade to speed up the process a bit for their students.

Ronelle...feel your frustration girl!! Flip....i've been through it this year...ask ControlC how much i just LOOOOOVE going to the Worcester traffic dept!!

Argh...

Incompetence taken to a whole freeking new level!!!

After A LOT of drama i finally got an appointment in Dec. When i went to make the appointment i asked if i can rather go in Jan as i'm not really in town in Dec, but they said, no, but i can come and change the dates at a later stage... So made the appointment, and went there a few weeks later to change it...freeking idiots can't do that, so now i have to come BACK to Worcester especially for this, otherwise i can only get another appointment in March....

So ja...hate it!

And wait until the driving lessons start....a lot of bull you have to do there too....just came back from one actually...

good luck!

System is driven (pardon the pun) by incompetent admin, exacerbated by underqualified testing officials failing people on some weird whim thereby causing more people to have to redo the test....figures show that 3 out of every 4 kids fail their first driving test in the Western Cape.  Do the math and you'll see why it is becoming virtually impossible for people to get a driving test scheduled.  Also, bacause the failure rate is KNOWN to be so high, some people are booking at up to three testing stations simultaneously. 

As one driving instructor put it:  the ability to drive a car has nothing to do with passing the test.... HomerSimpson2008-11-19 04:55:39

The best way to get an appointment is to go through one of these dodgy dudes that offer driving lessons. You pay them a fee then they bribe the department with part of that fee and then miraculously you get an appointment asap. Freaking crazy!!! 

The best way to get an appointment is to go through one of these dodgy dudes that offer driving lessons. You pay them a fee then they bribe the department with part of that fee and then miraculously you get an appointment asap. Freaking crazy!!! 

Maybe until a month or so ago: now .. THE SYSTEM .... gives the appointment. Whatever that means.

Two thumbs up then to Bliksempie.............  he walked into Centurion testing station and used some excuse that his father is in Afghanistan and that he needs his license............

Got it first time toooClapClapClapClapClap

After my stint in the US not too long ago I had to re adjust to getting used to eehh..uhh..eish!! It is not wekking...uhh eehh eish!.. uuheeh eish!! After a week back i started getting suicidal from all the uuhh..eehh..uhh..how?..ueeh..eahh eish! moments I suddenly had to endure again.

On the same topic I met a South African that side that recently transferred there and he said he got his license transferred/did the test everything in an hour... no eehh eish!! WTF uuhha ehh not wekking crap!!?? none of that ****!!!

After my stint in the US not too long ago I had to re adjust to getting used to eehh..uhh..eish!! It is not wekking...uhh eehh eish!.. uuheeh eish!! After a week back i started getting suicidal from all the uuhh..eehh..uhh..how?..ueeh..eahh eish! moments I suddenly had to endure again.

On the same topic I met a South African that side that recently transferred there and he said he got his license transferred/did the test everything in an hour... no eehh eish!! WTF uuhha ehh not wekking crap!!?? none of that ****!!!

ehh come again...

I know my sister got appts quite easily in East London (I think the Gonubie department) and then again in Stutterheim (shame, she failed).  I know that she got a 2nd appointment when she could could show proof from her employer that a drivers was essential for her job.  Apparantly they "block out" some appts for that.

Homer...you can't make appointment in other towns anymore - believe me, i tried in Ashton and Ceres. You have to have an adress in the town where you make an appoinment and have to get a certified letter from the police station that you live there and bring a letter from the Municipality (like water or electricity bill) that you live at that adress... no go... They're really strict onthese things now..

Ronelle...the "system"... They used to have books where they made the appointments in, but as of 1st October everything's computerised (and i seriously doubt that most of the people working there can actually work the computers) ...but anyway...the computer gives dates - no buts or maybes...you get it and that's final.. 

True...walked into a testing station in Mississippi to find out when I could do the test...they said how about right now?  Did the test (written and practical), had my photo taken and the license issued, all in under an hour.