Tool Board Plans/Ideas

jugheaddave

Is it a steel peg board or a wooden one?

Where exactly did you get that magnetic strip from?

It's a wooden pegboard.

I got the magnetic strip from Plumb and Tile in Beyers Naude drive - diagonally opposite Lucio's, one of the world's last surviving independent Italian restaurants.

I know they have four more, because I saw them there yesterday.

R89 each, if I remember correctly.

Be like me, - I dont have any tools.Big%20smile

..................Sorry, I do, a bent screwdriver I use to open paint cans, an old claw hammer I use to close paint cans and a pair of pliers, I use that to straighten the screwdriver occassionally.!

I also have a paint brush, I think, I may have lost it in the paint can.Big%20smile

It's a wooden pegboard.

I got the magnetic strip from Plumb and Tile in Beyers Naude drive - diagonally opposite Lucio's' date=' one of the world's last surviving independent Italian restaurants.

[/quote']

Thanks - gonna try swing past there today on my way home!

It's a wooden pegboard.

I got the magnetic strip from Plumb and Tile in Beyers Naude drive - diagonally opposite Lucio's' date=' one of the world's last surviving independent Italian restaurants.

[/quote'] Is that the Lucio with the Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans?

Is that the Lucio with the Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans?

I have never seen a Le Mans there. He's a Ferrari nut, the whole place is full of red toys and every now and then there's a 308 parked outside.

I wouldn't go with a peg board-not very durable and looks KUK' date=' use some proper thick board, lay your tools on cardboard on the floor work out where everthing should go-comomly used tools in middle then replicate on wood. for some reason I cant upload images but I have a ggod photo for you, what is yr email? [/quote']

This is what he was trying to post

20081120_072048_toolboard_2_06_.jpg

get a board' date=' use  nails for sockets, and ringspanners. and as JB said, steel/aluminium angleline for screwdrivers. And I don't wanna know what angleline cost these days. For drills, a rectangular piece fo wood, drill holes in, whether you wanna put it on the wallboard is up to you!

[/quote']

I really dont want to be anal here but it is angle iron.Wink

As for that board. Damn, that's neat. I would be scared to touch anything. I bought a Gedore steel board at Builders Warehouse. It was more than pegboard but at the time nobody had any and I was wanting to get my tools off the floor. If you have some cah to blow, they have a cabinet with pegboard on the inside back and shelves inside the doors. Very nice unit.

When you travel a toolbox works quite fine. I have a small toolbox for the basic essentials and a large plastic crate that holds all the spares and other thingies. These have travelled to Mozambique, then to Lagos and are now in Angola.

damn that is a NEAT toolboard! goodness!

i was looking for a pegboard not too ago here in ct but didnt find...can anyone point me in the right direction?