Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

Hi all! Apologies I missed the ride yesterday! :angry: Shredded a tyre less than 200m from home on loose paving :angry:

Who all will be out riding this week?

Dude, how come you shred a tyre on some loose paving and I ride over a collective distance of 30km of the worst cobbles in France and I am fine?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Trubie I will see you on Thurs morning :)

@Andy was switching on the Garmin. There are some pavers used as the road that are separating slightly. Rear tyre went into a gap and got mangled :(

What tyres were you using?

Oh and a daily posting for Trubie to keep the thread alive!! ;)

The Helivac Marshals will be in the South again this Saturday the 9th July 2011. Support Vehicle available for technical issues, as well as the Helivac Paramedic to look after any medical issues.

We will be on the Corner of Swartkoppies and Kliprivier from 07:00 to depart on the 40km Route at 07:30.

Sorry for the last two weekend absence from the scene, we had some events.

PS. Did you know the Helivac Marshals Support Vehicle carry spare tubes, tools etc. for the cyclist on the route?

Howsit guys

Im looking to start riding again. Im in the south so i guess this will be the best place to ask. Any easy to groups on a sunday morning? what are the distances and routes that you guys take?

Lol i can imagine. i dont mind getting fit quick but dont know if i can manage a 70km spirited ride right now

What does easy mean? :lol:

07.30 on the corner of Klip River and Swartkoppies. There are a few groups which leave from there. Ask the people there what the ride plan is.

For now still 7:30 on corner of Swartkoppies and Klipriver like mentioned above. Sunday is normally more people venturing long.

There is however a group that goes short (40km) and a group that goes long (65 - 100km)

So that is why you think your training is going backward, Trubie? You taking the short route!!! :lol:

So that is why you think your training is going backward, Trubie? You taking the short route!!! :lol:

for sure

Archived