Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

So Slave may I suggest the polar 12 week program with taper and all?

Trubie no reason for me to just ride for the sake of riding and thus I need to give myself a target to aim at and you sure look like a mighty fine target and all with your time on 94.7.smiley20.gif

If I get to your level then just perhaps I can do a 2:45 next year and that will be fine in my books.

Respect buddy and looking forward to our next ride

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slave, think you can def do a sub 3 hour!!1

age aint nothing but a number!!

i'm gonna try do as many races as possible next year, work schedule should be a bit more flexible...

plus half iron man in jan, and then carry on with some triathlons!!

so, anyone keen for a 3hour ride on sat? or kno of anyone doing a long ride?

WFC + world funride Championship. (AKA 94,7 cycle challenge.)

Fast one is end of January from Nasrec to van der Bijl. 103 km of fast racing.

28th, count me out. Told you, I am resting. No, not retiring, just resting. Since the fast one is my next race, I plan to do less hill training for a bit and concentrate on the flats and doing part of the fast one route.

On secon thoughts, I might just join you. Since Kieran will be going along, I might go on the hybrid and take my Binocs for some bird watching. It will take me all day to do one lap.

Should I take my tent and do two laps. Are we allowed to have pjama parties in the reserve?

Slave, bring your hyrid. MiniMe will also be joining. Trubie, Nancy Drew, Ox, Andy will be doing it on their MTB's. Kieran done his training on Sunday so he's more than ready.

Spaso, what do you have in mind for Saturday ?

About 2 weeks ago I went out early done about 30km, then met the bunch at Xumbugs and done the Bosco loop (luckily they went slowly that day). I ended up with 98km.

What was your time for the 94.7 ??

Never saw you on the route so you must of had a good race ?

Slave' date=' bring your hyrid. MiniMe will also be joining. Trubie, Nancy Drew, Ox, Andy will be doing it on their MTB's. Kieran done his training on Sunday so he's more than ready.

?

Spaso, what do you have in mind for Saturday ?

About 2 weeks ago I went out early done about 30km, then met the bunch at Xumbugs and done the Bosco loop (luckily they went slowly that day). I ended up with 98km.

What was your time for the 94.7 ??

Never saw you on the route so you must of had a good race ?

?

?

?
[/quote']

indigo, dont have a real plan, wanted to see who's keen and could make a small group? mite get dropped if the long loop guys go fast. i dont have to go fast, just really need time in saddle for iron man.

my 94.7 didnt go to well, two punctures, so i'm sure you and mini me passed me while i was changing tyres ;) ended with a 3:15 ride time on the cat eye, official time 3:40.

That hybrid needs a new saddly before I ride that sort of distance / time.

The saddle is way too soft. I got a better idea. Let's meet at Rietvlei, go up butchers to Nasrec, follow the fast one route to Henley and then make our way back home. Will be about 120 km.

Do that next weekend, This weekend I'm being lazy.

Spaso, what's with you and punctures ?

That race we did in Meyerton at the beginning of the year you also punctured ???

Also looking for some time in the saddle so keep me in mind as well. Do not want to commit right now as I am looking at SBR this weekend so will keep you updated. If we do slow SBR should take us just on 3 hours and this at 2000m + hills = success just a thought.

So Slave may I suggest the polar 12 week program with taper and all?

Trubie no reason for me to just ride for the sake of riding and thus I need to give myself a target to aim at and you sure look like a mighty fine target and all with your time on 94.7.smiley20.gif

If I get to your level then just perhaps I can do a 2:45 next year and that will be fine in my books.

Respect buddy and looking forward to our next ride

You wanna be on my level' date=' get some platform shoes, I am about 1.88[img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img]

Great , I'll be your target untill you pass me, then we can swop roles!!

Plan is not to just hang on to the Sat bunch but to actually do my fair share in the front as well. Will have to see how this all works out.

Also looking for some time in the saddle so keep me in mind as well. Do not want to commit right now as I am looking at SBR this weekend so will keep you updated. If we do slow SBR should take us just on 3 hours and this at 2000m + hills = success just a thought.

But you way too fast for us.smiley11.gifsmiley11.gifsmiley11.gifsmiley11.gifsmiley18.gifsmiley18.gifsmiley18.gif

You in Trubie's & GreyOwl's league we still youngsters so we ride a little slower. smiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

Ha ha ha! Damn straight I got my training in for SBR this weekend! Slave I'm going to drive there so I should be finishing just before sunset smiley2.gif

Tyx. Are they conventional spokes? Maybe I can sort it for you. Not too sure' date=' will have to have a looksee.

Kieran, dude. Not sure I want to try that again. If I do, I may be one of those having heart failure en route or on the finish line. Average HR was just over 93% of max. It hurts a bit to ride like that. (Mind you, just a wee bit.)

This was my year for doing the insane on the bike. Next year I want to adopt a slightly more modest approach to cycling. Like having a bit more laid back stuff. Maybe do some races I didn't get to do this year and def try for a sub 3 Fast one.

My first one this year, was in 3 oh 6. Not much to shave off, but will require a bit of work.

Have already offered my services to my sponsor for next years 94.7 as their team rider. Now I just hope they put me in a 4 hour team. I think that would be an ideal pace to do another 94.7. Not too fast, not too slow.

Quick question. With the route still hopefully fresh n our minds, do any of you thik that 15 minutes can be made up on any of the downhills and flats, or would that time have to be made up on honing climbing ability and stregth?

I was thinking maybe we should have saved that last SBR rde for the Sunday before 94.7. It may have had more benefit. (Damn, am I already formulating plans for next year and a sub 3?) [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley11.gif[/img] 

Some of us are just too doff to learn.smiley19.gif

Slave, there are many parts of the route to shave off time.

SBR the Sunday before would provide very little benefit. SBR more often and two weeks before will be much more benefit.

I know that you have said that you don't want to change but I think that changing from a 42 in the front to a 39 will give you extra speed on some of the climbs and shave off minutes there.

That is a good time for your first time out Kieran. Mine was 2:40.

Very well done Predictor. smiley32.gif Like the old wise birdman said' date=' RESPECT. I tried for 3 and missed by 14 minutes. Your 14 seconds are nothing. (I still think you are major faulty though. 8 hours for a race. [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley18.gif[/img]smiley11.gif

Tyx. Good one for improving on your previous time. Why not take your bike back t the dudes you got it from?(Was it Cycle Hub?)

Ox, we know the kid like this. Always wanting others to do stuff like Iron man, sub 3 94.7's. Towing him up hills.

Think next year, maybe we turn the tables a bit and get him to tow me to a sub 3.

Had long chat with Mrs Slave last night about my future as a cyclist. Told her I would ride 94.7 again but not as a race. Damn fool woman said the same junk you guys are saying. That I will never do that. That I will always be a racer and never just go out for a gentle cycle, especially in a race.

Am I that transparent? (Rhetorical question.)

Kieran, dude, not sure I saw your result for 94.7 challenge. REmind me what your time was again.

So, now that I have had time to digest my results, I have to say I am feeling better about them. I still think I suck r missig the three hour mark, but, being in the first 21% of finishers for gender and top 18% overall, I am very happy about that. 22nd in my group is also satisfying. Even being 215 in age cat is not bad.

Still smarts a bit that I missed my time though.

Oh well, can't win them all.

And so my 2009 racing season closes and overall, it has been a successful year of racing for me. Thanks largely to all my sponsors. Mostly, thanks to Trubie for all those race entries.

Thanks to my coaches GO and Trubie for their patience and support.

After a short rest to recover a bit, I will start getting the hammer going for a sub 3 Fast one. Not too sure of what I should do for the rest of the year, but we can cross the bridges later.

Kid, Minime has some latent talent there. Keep him motivated and maybe one day soon, he will live your IM dream for you seeing as you too lazy to do it yourself.smiley2.gif

'k so I met this chicka last night at the Engen. She did 94.7 in 3.5 hours. Seems she can ride a bike. Told her she needs to joing our little team ASGR. Thoughts, comments?

Bring her Slave, I don't mind. SBR on 28th is initiation ride! smiley36.gif

Guest Agteros

just wanna confirm..  is this SBR thing a ride on Saturday 28, or Sun 29? just need to be sure!

Archived