Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

That's somw serious millage and climbing!! Hope to be strong enough to do that one day

. Need some km's at SBR for half iron man, heard its hilly!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iv heard the same... Need to get on some hill training soon.

Got some clip on TT bars for my bike, need to try get used to them also, and they weigh 600g so gotta get the legs used to the weight.

Is there another SBR ride planned after 28th?

Nance, I can underswtand the confusion. Kid wants to do a revenge ride in SBR and planned to do so on 28 Nov.

Andy is addicted so he jumped at the chance. Kieran and Kid are also secretly addicted and so they tried to rope poor old ironless Ox into the ride as well.

I am not into the hills of the ride so I will be going for a long 100k ride on that day rather than do the reserve. I feel I have no need of the climbing option until such time as I test out my soon to be new Wop bike.

I am seriously conteplating buying a Colnago Chick Plus framset with forks, saddle and saddle post. One of our group is selling his and it is in very good nick.

Thing is I think it is slightly overpriced so trying to get my head wrapped around that one. She is a beautiful bike.

Take it you spoke to the man on Sunday Slave.

Show me an Italian bike which isn't pricey.

What saddle is on the bike ?

Got to find myself a SLR Gel Flow.

Put the Fizik on the Bianchi but eish my rear wasn't so happy with me, maybe I just need to get used to it.

Nice ride yesterday, about 10 of us did the Bosco loop at a nice pace.

Kid, I have a few saddles at home. You want to come and have a looksee?

The saddle on the bike is a Colnago saddle. Made by San Marco but with Colnago branding all over it. I think it will be too soft so just going to take the Petini saddle and use that one. 

Yeah, I had a long chat with the man yesterday when we did the short loop. We ambled along at about 33. It was a great ride and I think a lot of recovering was going on yesterday. The pace we kept very steady. Even the climb up the steps was at a civilised pace.

Suppose it will all be back to mormal next weekend.

Yip, I'll be there on my MTB kid.

Weather permitting, because SA weather service is predicting more rain for the end of the week i.e. Thurs, Fri and Sat smiley6.gif

Hey all.

Goy myself a blackberry so can keep up with all the talk at work now,when its quiet;)

Working a friday 24hr shift,and sunday 24hr shift,so no riding for me this weekend:( can't wait to finish this year, hope next year is A LOT more flexible for riding!!

Doing some rides in the week prob, nothing major as don't like riding in the traffic.

Excellent Predictor!

I take it we meeting at N3 parking at as close to 7am as possible!

What we doing afterwards Kid?

Archived