Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am doing double SBR on Sat the 21st. Need the time in saddle. Then I have MTB race on Sunday so let me know if anyone keen for Sat. I see it could be a wet and quite windy day out on Sat smiley36.gif

Predictor...you need help bud! And quite possibly a snorkel as well if your planning on riding saturday!

OMG...I just saw my photo's from the 94.7 on their website! No wonder I rode the time I did! Frigging heck! Go check it out for a laugh! My number was 4088...and please consider this as my Christmas gift to you all!!! (a good laugh that is!)

Predictor...you need help bud! And quite possibly a snorkel as well if your planning on riding saturday!

OMG...I just saw my photo's from the 94.7 on their website! No wonder I rode the time I did! Frigging heck! Go check it out for a laugh! My number was 4088...and please consider this as my Christmas gift to you all!!! (a good laugh that is!)

That is exactly why I did not stick any numbers on. I knew what i would be looking like.. By the way Owl, not sure why you complaining. Looks fine to me.

I see - hidden in the left corner (second from left), with the black socks in Lab kit is Trubie, on the pic number 3808 - the one with the lot of riders on

All I have to say about the weather and 94.7 is thank the good Lord above, we did not have this weather on Sunday.

At least we had decent weather by comparison to what has been the rest of this week.

Has anyone done any training other than IDT this week? (Ok, Predictor, you can put your hand down. We know you're more nuts than us.)

This weather should suit the Doc with all his water polo training.

Guest Agteros

Hmm... All I've been doing this week is *cough* *cough* *cough*

Maybe I'll start with a few core workouts next week, and then get onto the athletics track the week after that. Weekend of 28/29 I'm not sure of SBR, sounds way too intense for a 'come back'.

From 6 Dec I'll be doing regular runs again as well as semi regular cycles...

Dec and Jan should be base for March, and Feb I'll be laying into the interval runs again...

After that it will be working at what seems to be lacking and 'vasbyt' with all the duathlons till October...

I agree ox. I liken it to chicken soup when you are ill.

It won't cure you but it wont do any harm either.

SBR is a bit hardcore for this time of the year after a lot of hectic training. I think Kid is pulling an Andy by being addicted to SBR.

Personally, I will only be going to do some bird watching. Not for training.

EDIT: I hasten to add, if the weather is good enough. Looks like more of the same today and tomorrow and maybe a bit of a letup on Sunday. Who knows for sure the next weekend.
Slave2009-11-20 00:50:13

Guest Agteros

How about playing on the long loop on Saturday rather? We can leave with the normal Xumbugs crowd.

I have a better idea. We can do the short loop and then instead of heading up the steps home, we can go via the Karee Kloof entry, turn up towards Henley and then head home.

About 100km with some hills, and flats. Part of this is the fast one route.

I have a better idea. We can do the short loop and then instead of heading up the steps home' date=' we can go via the Karee Kloof entry, turn up towards Henley and then head home.

?

About 100km with some hills, and flats. Part of this is the fast one route.
[/quote']

slave, i'm keen for your plan. want to do about three hours, so 90-100km should be perfect!! so i'm in, lets get a few guys to join...

dont think i'l handle two laps of SBR in 3 hours just yet.

lets just hope weather improves a bit!! but my swimming is strong anyway ;)

so we gonna meet at xumbugs just before 7 and go with short loop?

Archived