Shocking behaviour from Durbell at DC

FanieFiets

a rider from Andersons was shocking with his language choice' date=' and 2 youngster from cyclelab decided to feed from a motorcycle infront of 40 riders.
[/quote']

Bollocks! None of the Cycle Lab youngsters 'fed' from a motorbike...there wasn't anything to eat or drink on the motorbike! Maybe it was an asthma pump!

And the Anderson rider wasn't the only one using choice language! I doubt I'd be wrong in saying that 1800 of the DC riders had a choice chirp or 2 along the way...especially in the last 30 -40km!

Did you actually see it happen or did i? As for andersons, where you there?

Read nicely Montblanc! I wrote, "the Anderson rider wasn't the only one..." I didn't say that the Anderson rider did not commit the felony!

And, yes, MontBlanc, I did see it happen. I must have been one of those 40 (4 full teams?) riders you mentioned? They must have been drafting nicely along that stretch?

So what where you doing in our slip then, bec we where infront? Wink

Very sharp!!LOL

Not so sharp!Wink

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckyly it is a little cockup in the Cape and does not affect real racing.

wierd... i'm sure the argus (in which you came 4th) is held in the cape. by the way... who gives a ****about 4th place? can anyone here tell me who came 4th in the 2008 argus? never mind 19voertsek... dude you are a loser and a poser. [portion removed]. go take out your frustrations somewhere else

Would think this maybe crosses the line of personal attack? 

If I came 4th you'd all know about it.

There were lots of shocking behavior on this DC.  Got video clips of several team... most prominent being Neotel with the back up just staying behind the riders and pacing them back after climbs. This race is getting big/. Its difficult with 2000 riders and 250 cars on the road for people not to cross the line. not only the white line.

Anderson almost got taken out at 60km/h when some back up vehichle just did a u turn. so unforceen language could be comin in a situation like this.

I think they should have the dc over two weeknds. The first weekend for the funriders just aiming to complete the distance and the second weekend for all the teams that ride under a certain time.Like 6h30 or somehting. then they can feed out the car and have back up for flat wheels? what you guys think

?

Guest colonel

We were talking about this aswell that the racing teams have a fulltime back up car following them.

agree with you colonel. would make interresting. The teams on the first weekend can qualify then for the next year to join the racing ranks. its difficult feeding 12 guys. We had 9 people on the day helping. become a logistical nightmare.

FF Dont stress if you remember last year Spring the Durbell rider in Vets told us in Elite to come and ride with them and they would show us the way around and then we told them to come race SV in Summer and they said Yes so we can show them to how to ride but alas they werent there and neither were their race times.......

ja, it was that guys that almost crashed with is R 100 000-00 trek bora thing his has got going. Werner something.

Was he tjuning you or willehond? Cant remember but do remember that he was quite a prick about it.

But what gets me is that these guys were struggling. I mean, we were doing a 8h plus DC and these guys were going barely faster than we were. Why dont they just stop at the designated areas? If they REALLY want to save that couple of minutes, at least have the decency to put the bottle in your back pocket or return it to the backup vehicle.
FanieFiets2008-11-23 10:38:47

There were several teams and thier cars that stopped where ever they liked. U-Turns and stopping on the road. Bad manners and total disregard for the rules. The feeding areas were a bit of a nightmare with people, cars and bikes all over the place.

Perhaps the organisers should send a few marshals out on motor bikes to keep an eye on things.

If there is a name and shame list I have one or two teams to add...

Sheesh, always so much moaning, bitching and "Did you see this?! Did you see that?!" after these big road races...

In my almost 20 years of MTB racing, besides the odd wannabe-elite occasionally being rude to a newbie, I've never come across politics even close to what I've read about in my month or two of Hub membership! You guys are so aaaaangry! :-)

Sheesh' date=' always so much moaning, bitching and "Did you see this?! Did you see that?!" after these big road races...

In my almost 20 years of MTB racing, besides the odd wannabe-elite occasionally being rude to a newbie, I've never come across politics even close to what I've read about in my month or two of Hub membership! You guys are so aaaaangry! :-)
[/quote']

I dont like people throwing plastic bottles next to the road and causing crashes. 

Also I find it unfair that club 100 got 4th position if neotel cheated. These guys do take it a bit more serious. It like someone starting the 100 m dash at the 90 m mark. Surely it would not be tolerated.

Hedrik S, I urge you to submit the evidence to PPA and club 100.

Apart from that i'm not anry at all. Wink  Still a flippen lekker 'race'.

Guest colonel

FF Dont stress if you remember last year Spring the Durbell rider in Vets told us in Elite to come and ride with them and they would show us the way around and then we told them to come race SV in Summer and they said Yes so we can show them to how to ride but alas they werent there and neither were their race times.......

ja' date=' it was that guys that almost crashed with is R 100 000-00 trek bora thing his has got going. Werner something.

Was he tjuning you or willehond? Cant remember but do remember that he was quite a prick about it.

But what gets me is that these guys were struggling. I mean, we were doing a 8h plus DC and these guys were going barely faster than we were. Why dont they just stop at the designated areas? If they REALLY want to save that couple of minutes, at least have the decency to put the bottle in your back pocket or return it to the backup vehicle.
[/quote']

Yes its him but he rides/rode some brand of Margarine...Stork or something?

As for them not stopping maybe they didnt want to or they would all sieze up??

Guest colonel

Well 1 of the club 100 riders held onto another teams support vehicle and dragged back to his mate once he was dropped. It doesnt matter thou cause he was dropped and out the race.

These things happen but what pissed me off were the punctures we got I would rather have PPA sweep the course the night beforeWink

I do think they need to allow the racing teams to follw their teams for the complete event we lost around 5-7min in montague waiting for a car to bring a wheel and the same before Op Tradouws.
colonel2008-11-23 11:38:41

ja, it is the stork guy, but rides trek now.

maybe there should be a racing cat. They start first and support vehicles are allowed to follow. The fun cat's support vehicles are only allowed at the designated areas.  200 Support vehicles will not work.

ja' date=' it is the stork guy, but rides trek now.

maybe there should be a racing cat. They start first and support vehicles are allowed to follow. The fun cat's support vehicles are only allowed at the designated areas.  200 Support vehicles will not work.
[/quote']

theres an idea...

so do we let the top 10 teams all have 100% follow support?