Erratic speedo

andre_ct

does an erratic speed mean the battery is going? speed drops to about half at times, and then sometimes no reading

not sure cause i got a different wheelset on now, and the bike was in a knock

Check that your spoke magnet it within the range it should be.  I have found when cleaning my wheels, the magnet may move slightly and then on the next ride, my speed reads pretty much what you're saying.

I would check this first, then have the battery checked.

The units almost never fail as the battery goes flat. The display just gets dimmer and dimmer until it disappears.

Could also be that the unit is not making proper contact.

Had an old Cateye 6 long time ago and the unit started this crap. Turned out the points were not making proper contact and so the reading was erratic.

Is it wireless? what frame are you riding, I hear that some Polars dont transmit properly on full carbon frames

check the size' date=' if your speedo is too small it might squeeze your family jewels and give you headaches.

[/quote']

hahaha....problem solved then LOL

Is it wireless? what frame are you riding' date=' I hear that some Polars dont transmit properly on full carbon frames[/quote']

not wireless and it's a alu frame

havent looked at it yet cause i decided not to use my bike for die burger

seeing that this is MY thread i think i'll hijack it...

i dont know the exact geometry of the trek 2300 i used, but it's a 58cm compare to my scott elite 56cm...

it's more comfortable and i can ride on the drops better.

but my back was sore after both rides i did on it.

now do i need to get used to the position or wot?

i dont wanna change the setup and i feel comfortable while riding

andre_ct2008-12-01 08:50:13

Could be that the cable is frayed - mine's just given the ghost for this very reason. It was worn away due to something (could have been caught on bike rack/when i removed wheel/whatever) but the wire was actually frayed and last week i was going downhill at exactly 2kph. Then a second later 58, then 24. And for the burger, no reading at all.

That's an erratic speedo:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x169/urmomishot222222/e9cb.jpg