twinney

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

Hahaha so you sprint like me!!

Are you Matt Sowter? If so I see you leaving Jody when I go in to get a panel beating.

Hi Colonel,

I stayed pretty close to the front, so I saw exactly what you are describing with a few teams (and individuals) as protagonists all morning. I will definitely get more involved in the action during summer league, I just thought on a first outing I needed to be more of an observer. I expected to get smashed up on hh, when that didn't happen I expected to get smashed up on the r44, and then, very abruptly, it was over. I didn't try to sprint because I probably would have endangered myself and others. I've got a lot to learn about  road position, who's who in the bunch, which breaks to chase and which breaks to leave, etc.

I've been coming back from a long illness, and spent the whole of spring on the front of funride bunches or time trialling between them as I rebuilt fitness, so I understand your frustration, but I really thought it better to stay modest and test the water at first.

Guest colonel

Fair comment rather safe than sorry I say. The bunch was 119 so going up HH was easy if you stayed in ther group and the pace wasnt hard atall.

Guest colonel

Haha, small world!! You walked out last time and I was sitting on that round chair thing leaning against the glass studio. Skinny dude with blondish hair and I more than likely went "Howzit China" to Jody when I saw him.

Yes, I stayed in the group about 10 back up hh - hoping that if there was a significant split I would be on the right side of it, but I guess it was too early for major developments.

Thanks for all the work on the sharp end. I'll try to reciprocate in summer. And as I also weigh 65kg and sprint like a 3 legged cow, I won't be coming around anyone in the final melee.

Guest colonel

Cool cool, well done. Where do you live if I may ask? Maybe we can hook up in December and ride?

Haha' date=' small world!! You walked out last time and I was sitting on that round chair thing leaning against the glass studio. Skinny dude with blondish hair and I more than likely went "Howzit China" to Jody when I saw him.[/quote']

Oh yes remember you. blond, skinny, dude texting on his phone. Your name is?(Cape Town is a very small place)

Guest colonel

Pistadex: Im in Blouberg but we ride out that way to Redhill etc, chappies so maybe hook up sometime?

About 12 of us made the racing upfront all morning and it was hard we all agreed at the end from Cyclelab team' date=' She cape, Marsillio projects the rest all just sat on and did nothing but get a free ride and when you asked them to come through they pulled off but with 1km to go they came out for the sprint. Once again it amazes me to the end.

[/quote']

The fact that for half the race a dropped Elite did most of the work on the front is a little embarrassing Embarrassed

And the fact that I managed to not only stick it out in the bunch, but even take some turns on the front is embarrassing for the whole lot of us.

All in all, a rather pedestrian ride.

Velouria2008-12-01 05:53:16