KAMP "STAALWIEL" 27Apr-1May

Ok Guys & girls.

After having to work through most of the Easter long weekend, I?m keen for a nice long weekend of cycling with the next long weekend coming up at the end of April. So anybody in the Western Cape looking for a change of scenery is very welcome to come join me and CvanC, plus hopefully a few other WW members and a few visitors for a few of our favourite rides around the beautiful area we live in.

This is only a suggestion of a program for the long weekend, I'm open to other ideas. I must also add, I'm keen for some really nice long LSD rides for the majority of the time. Of course, those that would like to ride harder, can hammer it on the climbs, and then can turn around and come fetch me again along the way.... smileys/smiley36.gif

Proposed program:

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thursday 27 Apr: Worcester ? De Doorns, easy pace, then do a full on 20km TT around the De Doorns area. After TT do another 3-4hours steady paced effort to the top of Hexriver pas & back to Worcester (120km)

Friday 28 Apr: Mitchellspass ? Ceres ? Swaarmoed ? Theronpass & back (anything from 100 to how ever far we?d like depending on where we turn around) LSD training.

Saturday 29 Apr: Worcester - Villiersdorp ? Franschhoekpass ? Paarl ? Du Toitskloof ? Worcester (180km) LSD again....

Sunday 30 Apr: Worcester ? Du toitskloof ? Bainskloof ? Slanghoek - Worcester (170km) Some hard intervals along the way, or nice hard group session?

Monday 1 May: Bonnievale ? Swellendam ? Barrydale ? Montagu (140km) Last 140km of Double Century route. Another nice easy cruise to finish of a good weekend.

Anybody interested, please feel free to join us, of course you're also welcome to come join us for only one or two of the days, no need to do all of it.

WorcesterWheelers38825.7001851852

WOW - a weekend packed full of cycling in the area surrounding Worcester - sounds great.

WOW - a weekend packed full of cycling in the area surrounding Worcester - sounds great.

smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Ja, but do you think the "Capies" will drive through the "boerewors curtain" for a change of scenery....

And yes, its not reserved for lisenced riders only! smileys/smiley2.gif

Anybody that knws they are capable of doing the distances as suggested, is more than welcome. The more the merrier.

smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Ja' date=' but do you think the "Capies" will drive through the "boerewors curtain" for a change of scenery....

[/quote']

...they better if they know what's good for them.

(send a personal invite to lancelot)

That looks like the most awsome riding weekend I have ever seen.

It would probably kill mesmileys/smiley11.gif

That looks like the most awsome riding weekend I have ever seen.

It would probably kill mesmileys/smiley11.gif

...but you wouldn't know if you haven't tried and what does not kill you makes you stronger' date=' right? [img']smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

CVANC38825.7500810185

A great initiativesmileys/smiley32.gif.

Add in the Vigne-a Vigne on the Saterday and Pedal's TT on the Monday as additional alternatives, it is easy to see why most of SA's top pros come from the Western Capesmileys/smiley4.gif.

A great initiativesmileys/smiley32.gif.

Add in the Vigne-a Vigne on the Saterday and Pedal's TT on the Monday as additional alternatives' date=' it is easy to see why most of SA's top pros come from the Western Cape[img']smileys/smiley4.gif[/img].

Hope Pedal will forgive me, for not coming out from Worcester again, but you never know...... we might just come surprise you.....

Damn, that's a lot of LDT...Pitty it's so far away, will have to give it a skip on that account, would have been fun!!smileys/smiley19.gif

Damn' date=' that's a lot of LDT...Pitty it's so far away, will have to give it a skip on that account, would have been fun!![img']smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Ag come on! Surely you can come out for a day or two? You and CvanC can chase each other on the climbs...... smileys/smiley36.gif

it's to farrrrrr awayyyyy WW, you guys have your fun, I'll try and get Highstreet to do some long rides. I missed out over easter weekend, heard even Cathy Carstens was riding with Highstreet, I'm STIL NOT OVER THAN!!!!!!smileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif