NCR. Retrenched.

Caerus

It's not a point of view. Thread Necromancy is a long established art.

Had never heard of it till now, thanks for the heads up ;) , it makes sense to a degree. Who decides? I agree that my post has no relevance to the OP. I have learnt something new today :clap:

While we are on the topic of forum etiquette, how do I get the green boxes into a post if you wanna reply to multiple quotes

Edited by Caerus

some of the basic outlines of the procedures that have to be followed:

- contract workers go before permanent staff - I've been there too :thumbdown:

- they need to inform the workers that retrenchment will happen, and allow for time to come up with suggestions of how to prevent "letting them go" (eg. 1/2 day, pay cut, etc.)

- then there's the rest

if she was on contract (assuming so as it seems like it's in 4 months time) or still on probation, then she has to get the notice period either in work time, or in payout

anyways - will PM you the details of the person 2nite - got the stuff @ home

She was supposed to be signing her contract in three days after her probabtion period finished. This after all the praises for cost cutting ideas she wanted to implement. :huh:

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated :)

Had never heard of it till now, thanks for the heads up ;) , it makes sense to a degree.

Precisely:

While there are indeed exceptions based on the topic and circumstances, in general it is recommended not to post in this manner,

If a company rolls over your contract, keeping you employed for 6 months or more they are effectively employing you full time and you are entitled to the same considerations as permanent employees.

Couple of companys have tried this trick of employing people as a 'contractor' to avoid paying benefits like pension and medical as well as thinking that they can just lay people off at 30 days notice.

A real retrenchment process (Section 189/189a) is a 3 month process with at least 60 days allocated for a consultation process with the workers.

If a company rolls over your contract, keeping you employed for 6 months or more they are effectively employing you full time and you are entitled to the same considerations as permanent employees.

Couple of companys have tried this trick of employing people as a 'contractor' to avoid paying benefits like pension and medical as well as thinking that they can just lay people off at 30 days notice.

A real retrenchment process (Section 189/189a) is a 3 month process with at least 60 days allocated for a consultation process with the workers.

I had a boss that did this in London, some guys had have been with him for 5 years. He did pay well though. We called it permatemp :lol:

Thats pretty interesting, this never usually happens though( do you perhaps have a link to this), she was retrenched within 4 days the last time.

Edited by Caerus

:D ... at least he paid well.

No it doesn't, and there are certain provisions a company is obliged to make as well. Also other than a minimum payout, if you've been employed for a year or more, you're supposed to receive a week's pay for every year served, minimum.

Unfortunately not man, just going on my personal experience. Went through 3 retrenchment processes at the company I worked at before deciding to leave of my own accord.

What I can do though is dig up the details of the labour association who worked on it and fwd them to you in a PM later. Really good bunch and proactive, which is refreshing considering how the militant unions grab headlines.

Is the DCC going to be levying members again this year to make up for the shortfall ?

I know that they are in serious finacial dwang, so in all honesty it doesn't surprise me that they retrenching. Sucks though and I feel for you. I'm guessing when they employed at the time that things would get better, but they haven't.

:D ... at least he paid well.

No it doesn't, and there are certain provisions a company is obliged to make as well. Also other than a minimum payout, if you've been employed for a year or more, you're supposed to receive a week's pay for every year served, minimum.

Unfortunately not man, just going on my personal experience. Went through 3 retrenchment processes at the company I worked at before deciding to leave of my own accord.

What I can do though is dig up the details of the labour association who worked on it and fwd them to you in a PM later. Really good bunch and proactive, which is refreshing considering how the militant unions grab headlines.

Eish, how was that?

Thanks for that, any info will help, much appreciated :thumbup:

Is the DCC going to be levying members again this year to make up for the shortfall ?

I know that they are in serious finacial dwang, so in all honesty it doesn't surprise me that they retrenching. Sucks though and I feel for you. I'm guessing when they employed at the time that things would get better, but they haven't.

Not sure.

The wife just got her second redundency in 4 months, looks like Oz may be sooner then expected.

Sorry bud - must be quite demoralising for the missus..

Sorry bud - must be quite demoralising for the missus..

We gotta make a plan quick or she is gonna be hell bent on going to Oz now :( Sucks for her, but we gotta see the bright side, can't let it get us down. As the great prophet George said, "you gotta have faith" ;) Just as well I paid for for my new pedals already :rolleyes:

Edited by Caerus