crank opinions please

Beetle_Juice

Hi all,

i am currently riding on an utegra crank (normal one not compact) with ultegra BB - to be honest i have not really enjoyed it very much so i am wanting to change it out - and would love some opinions on what you guys think are really good cranks and BB - and im looking for a normal crank size again nopt a compact - thanks :)

What's not to enjoy about a crank set?

You wanting some more bling? A bit of ceramic in the BB and some carbon on the crank arms? Some Ti bolts and composite blades?

maybe just my opinion - but i find it (the bb at least) to be really stiff - which i thought would ease up a bit after a while - but a couple of thousand KM later and still the same - so im sick of it and want to get rid of it - it like riding carrying an extra 10 - 15 KG on the bike

I thought stiffer is better? If the BB is faulty replace it. If it has some seal drag, that's good, it means the seals are still new and doing their work.

Find a better excuse for wanting another crank.

Hi all' date='

i am currently riding on an utegra crank (normal one not compact) with ultegra BB - to be honest i have not really enjoyed it very much so i am wanting to change it out - and would love some opinions on what you guys think are really good cranks and BB - and im looking for a normal crank size again nopt a compact - thanks :)
[/quote']

how does one 'enjoy' their crank?ConfusedEmbarrassed

The only thing I hate about Ultegra is the blade wear, and its 600 bucks to replace a blade.... madness!

open up the bearings and clean out the grease, refill with a lighter viscosity racing grease and some prolong!

or just replace the bearings with ceramics.

or get new a Chris King BB...

the crank arms are not the problem, maybe the little plastic screw thingy is too tight?