How much have you spent on repairs after a race

Paul Hunter

You used sooo many word just to tell everybody you are gay. LOL

Just kidding, but dirt is part of the fun and i can't understand why people ride around the puddles.

Froggie man I look for all the puddles and make sure that whoever I am riding with gets soaked normally ends up been SpudBig%20smile. Who then demands that I come and clean his bike, what a girl he has a wife to do that pfffftSmile

Spud just paid about R2500 for repairs not to bad for about 7000kays.Thumbs%20Up

This years Sabie X was a bit rough on spares:

new pads:

new cables

2 x new tyres (side wall cuts)

new cluster

new chain

grease and service

awaiting the bill.  My partner who only road the first day, 12 km of the second and then the TT footed a bill of R1300

This years Sabie X was a bit rough on spares:

new pads:

new cables

2 x new tyres (side wall cuts)

new cluster

new chain

grease and service

awaiting the bill.  My partner who only road the first day' date=' 12 km of the second and then the TT footed a bill of R1300
[/quote']

Were these new before the race or did the race just break the camel's back?

a bit over 10 thousand a nice salto made me bent down tube and crack frame and fork in 9 places.

Wrote of R6000 Carbon wheel also once plowing through a flower bed.

Things happen don't have enough fingers on my hand to count the times I rode in on just a rim

The amount I spent on repairs is directly in relation to how muddy it was or if I had a fall. Luckily I never experienced the latter during a race.

Two muddy races that cost me some bucks were: Sabie 2005 - the muddy time trail resulted in a broken XTR derailleur, chain and cables. Had to replace the brake pads on V-brakes as well, Sani2C 2006 - shot XT bottom bracket (brand new before the race) & chain.

I stopped riding duel suspension as a result of maintenance issues. I also used to hate cycling in the mud/wet.

For mtb I used to budget R6k on repairs per year and add R2k per stage race competed in.

I am currently living in Brazil - lots of mud & rain. No problems yet, but have finally changed to SRAM and FSA. Seems to hold-up better in the mud than the big S (shifting is better in mud, albeit the running more noisy in general), but then again only time will tell.

Rode a brand new GT Marathon pro

new chain and hanger on day 2 R500

Destroyed rear wheel on day 3 R????, yes may reach 4 digits

after sabie had to pay for service and new brake pads R600

also have to pay towards carbon repair(due to wrecked wheel rubbing chain stays(not sure how much.

over 2k when im finished paying for it all

• 2 weeks later...

Sabie X gave me the ideal excuse for a new bike - broken brake lever, rear shock finally gave up the ghost, new tyre (cut sidewall), new brake pads (worn to the metal), BB spewing shavings of metal.

Now the real question - what to do with the old bike?