list of single track

fandacious

I'm trying to compile a list of single track, the routes (google earth), distance, technical difficulty, accessability (by car and how far you have to ride your mtb before you get to it). anyone care to share their info?

i've got gpx files for all the stuff at jonkershoek, lebanon, delvera and a few others.

however i'd like to add everyone else's info to my list as well

Like every where else ? I got some Giba Gorge , 90% SAni2C , some stuff around MAgalies and lots other place in Botswana , Mozambique and Tanzania . You want ?

Fand do you mean lists of actual mountain bike riding or just decent stretches of single track???

I only have some of Jonkers, Tokai, and Lebanon (should have Oak Valley within the month) - do you want to (or will you) share yours on Jonkers and maybe some others?

smiley36.gif

Or is that taking advantage? Maybe one can have a dedicated forum for those? Always helpfull.

Hmmmm, maybe I should buy myself a GPS now and not have to be lost half the time trying to find that elusive singletrack that people keep so hidden.

I submit my track data to Track4Africa (T4A) who then add it to their maps.

Been doing this for years. Most of Jonkershoek on T4A is my recordings.

See http://www.tracks4africa.co.za

T4A Maps are compatible with Garmin Mapping type GPS receivers.

The T4A maps are cheap and you only need to buy the sections you want, e.g. Western & Northern Cape is R110.

The T4A data is also available as a layer on Google Earth (but not updated as often as their GPS maps).

<shamless plug>

If you want to add topographic data to T4A (or any other Garmin GPS map), have a look at AfricaTopo. http://madmappers.com/AfricaTopo

I needed topo maps for my mountaineering trips a few years ago, but there was nothing available for SA at the time, so I did my own...

AfricaTopo is transparent so that you can overlay it onto any other map on the GPS screen.

The free demos include Jonkershoek.

</plug>smiley1.gif

I only have some of Jonkers' date=' Tokai, and Lebanon (should have Oak Valley within the month) - do you want to (or will you) share yours on Jonkers and maybe some others?

smiley36.gif

Or is that taking advantage? Maybe one can have a dedicated forum for those? Always helpfull.[/quote']

i'll share all my stuff.. pm me your email addr and ill send u the gpx files

i've got gpx files for all the stuff at jonkershoek' date=' lebanon, delvera and a few others.

however i'd like to add everyone else's info to my list as well
[/quote']

Do you have any thing for Tokai ? Something I can throw into Google Earth perhaps ?