Fuel Price..........

Dirtbreath

Like THAT'S gonna happen. Care to share some of that sh!t you're smokin' dude, it's obviously good stuff.

Only the price of petrol falls, and that very rarely. Everything else just keeps going up and then holds steady for a bit and then next time the fuel price goes up, so does the price of everything else.

It's called "screw the consumer."

Well, I see today some things have come down, our switchboard bombed between the holidays sometime so I called the technicians out today, usually charge R250.00 TRAVELLING FEE today its R220.00??Confused .

I was also pondering the cost of aviation fuel on my flight home from Cape Town as well, when I booked SAA was quick to tell me the price was going up because of the high cost of fuel, but I looked again today and its MORE now - even though fuel is much lower - but then I guess they are in such a financial mess, and what with all the bonus payments the CEOs demand its to be expected.

Alas while wathcing the oil prices plummit, they seem to have a direct relation on the economic state of the world. Since the prices dropped so have the markets, so while we pay less for fuel, many people are being retrenched. Hence as sad as it sounds I long for higher oil prices which will hail stability in the markets.

Well at least that is my take on economics, then again I hated the subject.

Alas while wathcing the oil prices plummit' date=' they seem to have a direct relation on the economic state of the world. Since the prices dropped so have the markets, so while we pay less for fuel, many people are being retrenched. Hence as sad as it sounds I long for higher oil prices which will hail stability in the markets.

Well at least that is my take on economics, then again I hated the subject.
[/quote']

Its not only oil Dax, its all commodities which have dived. Unless you are a dealer in Platinum or some other you probably wouldnt notice but as these commodities plunge so dos the confidence factor, and when people are scared of what MIGHT happen, they clam up and stop buying.

Generally the worst NEVER even happens and in a few months the whole thing is forgotton, actually I am soon off to the USA for a 6 month contract, the country is supposedly in a seriuos recession but they are importing labour as they cant fill it themselves - go figure!!

Its all about your perspective, if you are positive and prudent these things seldom effect you.

............. coming down fast. Cant wait for everything else to come down with it.Clown

Daars 'n prof (Tertius Harmse) van Wits wat elke Saterdag oggend op RSG so 'n bietjie gesels oor die wereld waarin ons leef en hy het die afgelope Saterdag op die lug gese dat sy logboek sluit die wisselkoers en die ru-olie prys in. Hy vergelyk die olie prys met so 4 jaar gelede en behalwe vir die wisselkoers was die pomp prys nog steeds heelwat laer. Ek kan nou nie die syfers onthou wat hy genoem het nie en tensy ons nie self so 'n register het met die daaglikse wisselkoers en olie pryse, kan ons dit nie bevestig nie. Ek wil egter graag aan die prof die voordeel van die twyfel gee en aan neem dat hy so 'n bietjie weet waarvan hy praat. As hy dus se dat die petrol prys nou dieselfde as 4 jaar gelede behoort te wees, vra ek weer hoekom is dit nie? Ja daar is levies en ekstra winste ingewerk by die prys, maar behoort dit nie ook diens ooreenkomstig te verminder nie. Dit lyk nie vir my so nie en as verbruikers het ons net geen meganisme om daarteen te veg nie.

So ook die verkeer veiligheid. Hulle roem op dit beter as laas jaar se syfers, maar hel daar was net soveel minder pad gebruikers! Die persentasie is nog dieselfde. Wat het hulle dan nou gedoen om die levy te verdien, en wat het hulle daarmee gemaak?
L'Bie2009-01-05 04:53:31

damn, this is the only time that i miss needing more than R100 to fill a tank of the vehicle i use to work and back, AND that one tank last me 1.5 weeks. then again, at least now it'll cost me the same if i decide to commute on my 650 instead of the 125 for a while Wink

I can actually see my needle move with R200

do you think this thread could be kept on the subject in hand it was started. Wink

It good to see the arab nations suffer a bit. All their building projects like in Dubai are grinding to a halt. no money