Power Drinks and Gels

Spartan SL

Mookyspunky hows the flavour for you? Bought some to try over Dec on training rides' date=' think it was the Naartjie, but could not handle one sip, it was horrid. Is there a chance that the stuff was dodgy or something because man...[/quote']

Hi Pickled smiley1.gif

Are you referring to the Bmax Enduromax? I prefer the peach flavour, yes the first time I tried it I wasnt that keen on it because its almost like a milky juice (like tropica)...its not watery like most other sports drinks... But you get used to it, and It really does me good on longer rides (compared to when using other sports drinks like USN cytomax and Staminade Endure etc)....

Its all personal preference tho....

Yeah, thats the one. I just can't even drink the Naartjie, heck the smell when you open the packet is enough to send you running. Ah well, i guess the hunt continues for the perfect drink.

CYTOMAX works amazingly' date='no cramps,or the feeking in ur mouth that u need 2 drink water....[/quote']

I love Cytomax! I also use Powerbar.

I prefer cytomax too, been trying a few out recently - powerbar gel is good, hammer gel did nothing.... but the raspberry one tastes good.

Also on a seemingly never ending quest to find a good drink.

Biogen Carbogen and USN Vooma work best for me. Just dont get the naartie Carbogen tastes like crap! Buy USN products at www.usn.co.za about 15% cheaper, and their service is very good.