Lance Power Training

bruce

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L3? Is that the 3rd metarsal.... Bad luck if it is cause mine have already dropped and cannot go any lower.

L3? Is that the 3rd metarsal.... Bad luck if it is cause mine have already dropped and cannot go any lower.

Sorry I ASSUMED (yes, I know..) that having that Cyclops IDT monster of yours were a true believer, never realised you were a power agnostic! L3 refers to the power training zones preached by Hunter Allen and his disciples.  Similar to HR zones, but do yourself a favour and ignore my ramblings and get his book or read it on the trainingpeaks website.

I think it's the idea that the amount of money spent on a power meter can be better spent on something else (like making your bike lighter).? That and the fact that people perceive wrongly' date=' that a power meter?is just a glorified heart rate monitor (which they can get for much cheaper).

Personally I'd rather spend the money on a PT and wheels that are 500g heavier than spend it on other super-light wheels I will get less benefit from.? Seeing that I am not a pro I believe it's money much better spent.

[/quote']

?

I would like to rephrase the statement' date=' but I just can't be bothered.? Well, ok, maybe a little bit:?

Using a heart rate monitor to measure your effort is like using your car's rev counter to deduct your car's speed.?

Ag, I give up with you lot!Stern%20Smile

[/quote']

No offence here so please dont see this as an attack but how much cycling and training are you doing right now and how much of it is correct with your PM cause you speak like you know so much about training and training with a PM and say I am getting lost or YOU are losing me with your previous posts about power meters and Power training then you go and make a statement that everything you have done is incorrect after reading the Carmichael article?

Now why should I as a total novice to training, (yet I train people for a living and am very succesfull at it althou its for motorcycle?based sports but they all cycle and do gym work and all their training is structured and periodised according to their year?and races)?according to you listen to anything you preach about how good a PM is when you cant even get it right for yourself yet you want to tell me how it will benefit me?

As I said no attack but see where I am coming from.

One of the biggest benefits is just this. If willehond is training wrong, it will reflect in his results. He now has a perfect log of exactly what he did, so he knows not to do it next time. Alternatively, someone else can have a look at his files and suggest improvements.

bruce2009-01-08 12:42:00