Training Pains "Roadie"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overtrained is the most overused and abused term in endurance sport training.  I would take any advice dished out here with a pinch of salt and then go and see a REAL physiology expert about the pain!!!

Unless the Hubber dishing out the advice is a professional medical expert of course...

Hay watch it, I studied medicine at the University of North South east Betshuanaland and qualified with honours, that is after the squased the entire 7 year course into one afternoon and I passed with a distinction, hang on come to think of it so did al 98 class mates and some of them fell asleep after the afternoon beer break

Sorry forgot to mention' date=' once its down at the knee you roll it back up to the hip.[/quote']

Cannot describe the pain of the first few times you do it!!!!Ouch

You are right...works great!!

Sorry forgot to mention' date=' once its down at the knee you roll it back up to the hip.[/quote']Cannot describe the pain of the first few times you do it!!!!OuchYou are right...works great!!

It really does smiley2.gif smiley2.gif

Sorry forgot to mention' date=' once its down at the knee you roll it back up to the hip.[/quote']Cannot describe the pain of the first few times you do it!!!!OuchYou are right...works great!!

It really does smiley2.gif smiley2.gif

OK please load video clip showing that it works

My biokeneticist friend gave me the exercise. I bought the foam roller from her. It is is about 25cm in diameter. Looks like a pool noodle but thicker and stiffer. You lie on your side with the foam roller beneath you starting at the hip. Cross your top leg over the bottom one to keep your balance and then with your arms move upwards so that the foam roller rolls down to your knee. You can do this exercise for your calves' date=' glutes and hamstrings. It helps to stretch them. Takes you five minutes to do. Should I post picts later tonight?[/quote']

If this technique works for the pain as described by the original poster, then I'd got with Colonel as to the cause... ITB...

RaceChick - those rollers really work well especially where the problem is tight fascia and other soft tissue! The roller acts like a firm stretch INTO the tissue would do -- and you can do it yourself and not go to somebody to do it for you!!

@TNT1 - where do you get your weird and wonderful answers from?? LOL

@enduroman - setup setup setup. ALL cyclists should be able to be painfree when they cycle - its the one sport where you can mechanically influence ''things'' to be painfree!

RaceChick - those rollers really work well especially where the problem is tight fascia and other soft tissue! The roller acts like a firm stretch INTO the tissue would do -- and you can do it yourself and not go to somebody to do it for you!!

@enduroman - setup setup setup. ALL cyclists should be able to be painfree when they cycle - its the one sport where you can mechanically influence ''things'' to be painfree!

What do you mean cycling should be pain free, you must be joking, its all about "The Pain" . Seeing who can take the most and who can dish out the most, dont say it should be pain free, that means I need to look at some other form of sport, maybe lawn bowls or something, dont shatter my dream and tell me it should be pain freeBig%20smile

?

?

?

I am doing it myself but it took a while for me to find out what was wrong, and that the biokineticist did sort out, you idiot.

What do you mean cycling should be pain free' date= you must be joking, its all about "The Pain" . Seeing who can take the most and who can dish out the most, dont say it should be pain free, that means I need to look at some other form of sport, maybe lawn bowls or something, dont shatter my dream and tell me it should be pain freeBig%20smile
[/quote]

haha! There will be pain! Whoever said painfree and painless is the same thing Wink

@racechick -- Confused ...i agree with what you said, read again -

What do you mean cycling should be pain free' date= you must be joking, its all about "The Pain" . Seeing who can take the most and who can dish out the most, dont say it should be pain free, that means I need to look at some other form of sport, maybe lawn bowls or something, dont shatter my dream and tell me it should be pain freeBig%20smile
[/quote]

haha! There will be pain! Whoever said painfree and painless is the same thing Wink

@racechick -- Confused ...i agree with what you said, read again -

Now this is scary, when a lady promises pain it is scary, ok I'm of to see someone about this so that I will be emotionaly ready to deal with the ladies handing out the pain.

[?

?

[/quote]

?

?

@racechick -- Confused?...i agree with what you said, read again -

Sorry Ronel, I'm on edge here a work. smiley20.gif