Chappies and Boyes Drive for argus

FanieFiets

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schtunning...now we can all fall in love with the view while our hearts are bleeding lactic acid.

Stoked with this route though...

I'd rather bleed lactic on Chappies than OKW, and rather a poke in the eye with a pointy stick than blue route back to town smiley30.gif

now i wonder how long before the argus will it be open....would like to ride it without potentially being harrassed!

^ i guess i'm not gonna be lucky:

"From a logistical perspective and in order not to disrupt the construction work being undertaken to upgrade the safety measures on Chapman's Peak Drive, the road will only be open only on the day of the event from 06h00 to 18h00. The Provincial Government will make arrangements to ensure that construction equipment is cleared and that work currently underway does not impede participants on the route."

is it allowed to ride chappies from sun valley side until the barracade and turn around?

i phoned the events office' date=' they said the route is the same as before and NO BOYES DRIVE.

furthermore i checked www.cycletour.co.za as well and they have updated their site with the new info.
[/quote']

excellent. didnt see the 'no boyes' on the site though

As the road works along Main Road will continue for at least another three years and the fact that Boyes Drive is 8 to 9m wide, we have chosen this route as our best option,? says Ken Sturgeon   smiley24.gif smiley5.gif

is it allowed to ride chappies from sun valley side until the barracade and turn around?

Where is the barracade situated if going up from sun valley.?

I went up from hout bay over the weekend and could get all the way to the peak before having to turn around.

Where is the barracade situated if going up from sun valley.?

I went up from hout bay over the weekend and could get all the way to the peak before having to turn around.

here i thought there was one barracade....