Nice shops nice discounts

JPW#

they r there to make money like everyone...so u go to pick n ay...ask for a coke go to the till and ask if i pay cash can i get discount??? haha they will laugh at u!

JPW in times like this it rare that you will get discounts at shops. I think the only time you are going to get a "dicount" is if the shop inflates their prices and then advertises a "discount" on items.

Rather get prices at different shops, then take the highest and lowest price and buy at the cheapest place and convince yourself that they gave you a discountWink

My brother has been shopping at Bridge for more than 20years. He knows all the salesmen, and even he is not getting discounts by them anymore.

It just shows how tough times are.

You could have turned around and said "Ok I will not take the cassette anymore" and gone back to your spiffy house in Durbanville.

so who had the cassette? They did. And they kept it for you, I imagine? Like you asked them to?

And you asked for a discount? Cheeky b&&ger. Go back to your house, and live your life in the bubble, while flaming shops that don't give a discount in these times of drastically reduced sales, less disposable income and economic strife.

I pity da fool.

Bridge Cycles are fine by me ever since they sorted me out the day b4 the Argus when SAA, & my faith in a bike bag, totalled my rear derailleur.

I didn't get a discount either, come to think of it.

Nothing wrong with asking! Its tough for the shops, but its also tough for most of us consumers!

BRIDGE CYCLES ALWAYS GIVES ME DISCOUNT. ON EVERYTHING I BUY THAT ISN'T ALREADY ON SALE.

MAYBE IT WASN'T YOUR LUCKY DAY...OR MAYBE YOU AREN'T PRETTY ENOUGH?

Nothing wrong with asking! Its tough for the shops' date=' but its also tough for most of us consumers![/quote']

Definitely ask, but to complain when you dont get one is a load of crap. Did you thank them for helping you with that one and only cassette?

Ok' date=' to make a long story short they had the only campy cassette in the ratio i I was looking for left in the country, (9speed) I went to the sales assistant  asked politely if I could have a bit of  cash discount and the salesmen had to ask the "boss" which rudely replied no we don't give discount on cassettes, phew no wonder their such a small smelly little shop,they will surely stay that way seeing that thats how they do business. I had to travel all the way from Durbanville for that kinda service ( [/quote']

1) Refusing a discount is refer to as "kinda" service?

2) They had the ratio you were looking for ....

3) Maybe you should have offered to pay more so they can afford air freshner ... from giving discount they could not grow hence your observation as "small" shop ....

many bike shops will only offer discount on big purchases (ie a bike), and that's if payment is cash or eft. card purchases cost the bike shops money. 

did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?!

Guy asks for discount - you don't ask you don't get

Shop says no - their perogative

I think his argument is not that they didn't give a discount but the way in which they conveyed the message. (or am I missing something here?)Stern%20Smile

How many times a year do you visit said bikeshop and how much do you spend at the shop.

I shop at a bike shop in Pretoria,  I spend in excess of R 8000 a month sometime more sometimes less.

I always get some type of discount....................... but if I

spend R150 to R 500 every 7 months how can I ask for a discount.

Get a bike shop, and support it.  The more you spend the more you will get discount.  And without asking

My $1000000 Zim dollars worth