We aren't making it any easier for ourselves

Aedon

My last comment on this:

We, the cyclists do not own the road, no matter how much some will differ with that assessment. The fact that we have the same right to use the road does not help when get hurt.

What the "arrogant ijits" brigade fail to understand is that we are the ones at risk, regardless of rights. It is no comfort at all when one can justify that a cyclist was killed and the motorist was wrong. How does that ease the pain and suffering of the family and friends?

If a cyclist winds up in a wheelchair, will it make any difference that the cyclist was hurt by a bad motorist.

I do however, advocate that we all try to be a little more tollerant and understanding with each other. Just because the boss gave me a hard time today, doesn't give me the excuse to take it out on that lone cyclist training his wheels off for his big race. Or take out that ijits windscreen with my pocket full of ball bearings.

I think the point I'm tryin got make here is that life is tough and we all need to be less agro in general terms. If we all civil and polite to each other, the world will become a better place. Sure, we always gonna have the absolute AH who is gonna irritate us, but smile and wave, smile and wave. Some people just can't help being d!kcheads and no amount of ranting is going to change that.

There are flaws in the system and we need to address the system, not each other. If we take each other out, then we just get down to the same level as the d!kcheads and they win. Let's rather address the system and try to change it that way, as well as by being good examples to other road users.

Leaders lead, Losers rant. So the choice is ours, we gonna lead or loose.

It's all about attitude.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My last comment on this:

We' date=' the cyclists do not own the road, no matter how much some will differ with that assessment. The fact that we have the same right to use the road does not help when get hurt.

What the "arrogant ijits" brigade fail to understand is that we are the ones at risk, regardless of rights. It is no comfort at all when one can justify that a cyclist was killed and the motorist was wrong. How does that ease the pain and suffering of the family and friends?

If a cyclist winds up in a wheelchair, will it make any difference that the cyclist was hurt by a bad motorist.

I do however, advocate that we all try to be a little more tollerant and understanding with each other. Just because the boss gave me a hard time today, doesn't give me the excuse to take it out on that lone cyclist training his wheels off for his big race. Or take out that ijits windscreen with my pocket full of ball bearings.

I think the point I'm tryin got make here is that life is tough and we all need to be less agro in general terms. If we all civil and polite to each other, the world will become a better place. Sure, we always gonna have the absolute AH who is gonna irritate us, but smile and wave, smile and wave. Some people just can't help being d!kcheads and no amount of ranting is going to change that.

There are flaws in the system and we need to address the system, not each other. If we take each other out, then we just get down to the same level as the d!kcheads and they win. Let's rather address the system and try to change it that way, as well as by being good examples to other road users.

Leaders lead, Losers rant. So the choice is ours, we gonna lead or loose.

It's all about attitude.
[/quote']

WELL SAID!

COULDN'T HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

If every cyclist was pleasant and patient the motorists wouldn't hate us - by jumping red lights/swearing at motorists cyclists ae effectively writing the death sentences for other cyclists.

Disclaimer - accidents will always happen and cycliss will always be killed by cars - less so if we obeyed all the rules...

I'll start with me - I, Eldron, pledge to obey rules and do what I can to improve cyclist/motrist relations.

If every cyclist was pleasant and patient the motorists wouldn't hate us - by jumping red lights/swearing at motorists cyclists ae effectively writing the death sentences for other cyclists.

Disclaimer - accidents will always happen and cycliss will always be killed by cars - less so if we obeyed all the rules...

I'll start with me - I' date=' Eldron, pledge to obey rules and do what I can to improve cyclist/motrist relations.
[/quote']

Right on!!!

I'm on board too (was anyway, but now it's in black and white)!