MTB Bike Choice

leo77

I'm an entry-level mtb guy and would like to get something in the range of about R5000 - R6000.

I'm stuck between a GT 1.0 Disc and a Kona Cinder Kone.

Any Advice??

Thanks!

I had a look at the GT at Fritz Piennar and its not bad for the price. Dont know much about the Kona.

smileys/smiley9.gif  My latest acquisition is a Merida LX , got an excellent once off deal, too good to pass up.

Scott is also an option, just need to replace the saddle (heard they're not so good smileys/smiley2.gif)

Scott is also an option' date=' just need to replace the saddle (heard they're not so good [img']smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])

True....true  smileys/smiley36.gif...but if you can buy virtually new stuff from somebody like Rock for next to nothing....smileys/smiley32.gif then replacing the saddle is no problem!

Got the GT 1.0 myself but without the disc, so far so complaints except it's a bit heavy but it's bullet proof!smileys/smiley4.gif

I would also like to add rather buy second hand if you can, you'll get better value for money. Saw a GT 2006 1.0 fro R3600 I think either at www.mybike.co.za or Bicycling.co.za

But the problem is you can not find a 2nd hand Raleigh !! The people that got them just will not let go !

ooo bol man, there is a guy selling two DS at the mybike site for R20k each. Velouria know another guy also selling his for 13k, you just need to know were to looksmileys/smiley4.gif

Ooooh I forgot bout the okes that wanna upgrade to this years model . But I am happy to see you know where to find good bikes !smileys/smiley36.gif

i also have a Raleigh M300 MTB (2000) for sale. smileys/smiley36.gif

You can get a new Scott Carbon MTB full susp for R20k smileys/smiley2.gif

ja dd, I know were to look, just wish the bikes were not so damn expensivesmiley5.gif

and for R24k you can get a Maverick ML7 scotty...

All of which does not help Leo77 one little bit.

I agree with Marius.The GT 1.0 is the best buy for entry level within his price range.Best value for moneysmileys/smiley32.gif

Geeeeee...

Thanks for all the responses, don't stop. With the figures suggested I realized that I was in serious trouble, but the GT will have to do for now. I must admit I was leaning towards the Kona - really like the frame, still have to try it for size though.

Anyone know of a good second-hand 17"? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!