Race Ethics Lacking in "Developement Cyclist"

Pickles

I am SERIOUSLY p***ed off! And it's high-time someone in a position of authority had a FIRM talk to our so-called 'developement riders' who are currently competing in the Elite and Under 16 League Categories. Their bike skills are pathetic, and their race ethics non-existent.

I cannot begin to remember how many unnecessary accidents have occured because of these youngsters irresponsible behaviour. This morning one of these boys switched in front of my son. In fact, he moved into my son's line with half a bike's length still to pass! Do these people really believe that if they can't see you, you are not there! Ostrich head-in-the-sand kinda thing?  Is there a depth perception issue I am not aware of? God help us when they get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle!

I am looking keenly forward to the day when one of the Elite men, equally pi##ed with this nonsense, is going to face-plant one of these bloody idiots.

This is the result of today's shenanigans!20090221_094529_009.jpg20090221_094650_001.jpg20090221_094731_003.jpg20090221_094759_007.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an ACSIS rider. A Junior (they start with the Elites). The U16's start by themselves. They have the same problems there!

Pickles2009-02-21 09:56:50

Ah, I was just thinking it's time for the daily Capie whinge :)

But seriously, your post needs some clarification. There are cyclists with bad handling skills and those with good ones. Some sit in the so-called "development" camp, and some don't.

And is the best solution really to "faceplant" them back ala Brandon Stewart?

Perhaps the problem is that anybody can race in the elite/junior licence categories. If a more rigorous seeding system was applied, it might improve things.

Your son has some mean roasties. Hope he heals fast.

this thread is sooo going to go the wrong way.

I really hope that people stick to what pickles is saying.

Development riders need help. How many pro's and elites are willing to give up their training time to help these guys.

Now that I think of it - do development riders get given coaching by the pro's?

He's saying that development cyclists are unethical, irresponsible and have poor bike-handling skills smiley18.gif.

Pickles please send me a mail with those pictures so I can address this with the Acsis Manager Glyn Bloomberg

He's saying that development cyclists are unethical' date=' irresponsible and have poor bike-handling skills smiley18.gif. [/quote']I think that Pickles (she) is saying that they lack "race ethics" a la looking out for the safety of your fellow competitors. In their case they are being careless and in some cases completely irresponsible.

He's saying that development cyclists are unethical' date=' irresponsible and have poor bike-handling skills smiley18.gif. [/quote']

I am cheesed off and a bit too closely involved in this particular incidence to be completely objective. I did generalise somewhat, but, trust me , we Kaapies know EXACTLY what this bunch of youngsters get up to every weekend! They don't do a stitch of work, hide away in the middle of the bunch yacking at vast decibles to one-another, not concentrating and pulling stupid stunts like switching with half a bike's length to go. And you are safer crossing the white line into oncoming traffic than sitting behind one of these guys when he reaches for a bottle!

is "developement cyclist" (sic) a euphemism?

No, not a euphamism! I said developement rider, and that's what I meant.

is "developement cyclist" (sic) a euphemism?

?

No' date=' not a euphamism! I said developement rider, and that's what I meant.
[/quote']

then explain the quotation marks in the subject line?