Windy Cape!!!!!!

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

Is Cape Town always so windy??????? How do you guys get to cycle. The wind was blowing me off my feet today!!!!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i must say - this has been a particularly windy summer. if you want to skip the wind, go ride at 5am. its normally quite decent that time of the morning

Err wind was mellow today i rode at 3 and was a slight head wind that kept me down to 22kph and im unfit

bigH, noticed the trees, how skew they grow? more pronounced the further you go up the west coast - you can use them as a compass Smile

very jealous that you're already there ... i'm again probably the last one to arrive in capetown, on the last plane out of jozi ... arriving 23:30 on friday night.

cat-i2009-03-04 12:18:43

The Wind is really mellow in JHB. Been training in the Eastern cape and getting used to the wind. JHB has the best weather to ride in!!

best season for riding ever....most races not alot of wind......!!

it makes u strong 4 when the wind doesnt blow....

The wind, just like the climbs, keep us humble in the Cape. If you whine, that's all you can think of!

What wind? I haven't seen the sun in 4 days now because of all the smoke in the Helderberg Basin. I wish the damn wind would blow so that I can clear my lungs and everything could stop smelling like a veld fire.

Yes, Big H, the wind always blows here.  I was born and raised (and prob gona die) in Cape Town, and still I'm not used to it.........

bigH' date=' noticed the trees, how skew they grow? more pronounced the further you go up the west coast - you can use them as a compass Smile

very jealous that you're already there ... i'm again probably the last one to arrive in capetown, on the last plane out of jozi ... arriving 23:30 on friday night.

[/quote']

eish missed this yesterday... nope, you're not the last... nanosec nialls is only getting there saturday late afternoon! talk about a last minute flight