AAARGH! People taking advantage of the Argus

AAAAARGH!!!

So, I battle with the wind this morning, and when my girlfriend meets me at the CLab tent, she asks "Love, did you move my MTB this morning?"

Some b*****d has decided to remove her mountain bike from our house while we were riding!!!

My g/f bailed at Boyes Drive, so noticed it missing when she came home to change.

So guess who's going to be looking in the Junkmail, trawling the Classifieds and visiting Avron pretty often for the next few weeks?

Off to the cop-shop i go.

Yeah... thing is, it was locked up next to my car, under the car-port (not visible from the road) and my car window was open and the door unlocked. Nothing gone from there... My diary's still sitting on the front passenger seat. Go figure!

Thinking it must be someone in the complex, or our gardener. 5 houses in the complex, electric gate and fence all round (with 8 ft walls) and the gardener has a key for the ped gate. Gonna grill him when he comes back - don't have his number, unfortunately.

Yeah... thing is' date=' it was locked up next to my car, under the car-port (not visible from the road) and my car window was open and the door unlocked. Nothing gone from there... My diary's still sitting on the front passenger seat. Go figure!

Thinking it must be someone in the complex, or our gardener. 5 houses in the complex, electric gate and fence all round (with 8 ft walls) and the gardener has a key for the ped gate. Gonna grill him when he comes back - don't have his number, unfortunately.

[/quote']

Def and inside job.

Have you posted the stolen bike up in the 'Stolen Bikes' section of the forum yet?

Also, just a thought, how many people have taken down the serial numbers on their bikes? Normally it's on the underside of the BB. This should be photographed and kept. Any bike without the number then could be considered stolen, and reported.

I'm not surprised your bike took off.

Bikes are supposed to live IN the house, not left locked up in an open carport like an unloved dog.

Forgot about the "Stolen Bikes" section...

We actually need the space inside, what with a pool table where our dining room table should be, it's kinda cramped when you have an extra 3 square meters taken up.

All things considered though, i need to get a stronger lock/chain/rawl bolt... And normally all 3 bikes are locked together, so that in itself makes it difficult to manouvre (spelling?) when someone tries to take it down.

Thing is, it would've happened at some point in time, no matter what i did to protect them.

Forgot about the "Stolen Bikes" section... We actually need the space inside' date=' what with a pool table where our dining room table should be, it's kinda cramped when you have an extra 3 square meters taken up. All things considered though, i need to get a stronger lock/chain/rawl bolt... And normally all 3 bikes are locked together, so that in itself makes it difficult to manouvre (spelling?) when someone tries to take it down. Thing is, it would've happened at some point in time, no matter what i did to protect them.

[/quote']

piece of hardboard over the pool table, voila! dining room suite smiley36.gif

Similar story to mine....on 26th Dec 2007 my bike got stolen - also from fort knox AND 3 x Large dogs roaming my prperty!!

Could only be the gardener that I fires a month back then...

Guess what - I've been on the lookout for that bike ever since and lo and behold....what do I spot one Sat afternoon?

My ex-gardener happily trapping along on his new (my old) bicycle.....

It was the quickest U turn in traffic with my big old oxwagon bakkie, and I just drove him into the pavement!! A rage came over me that actually scared the sh*t outta me afterwards....luckily I do not own a firearm, else I'd be in jail for sure.

So, with traffic blocked up & everyone gawking at the scene I kicked the sh*t out of him and promptly loaded the bike into the bakkie....it was totally f$cked!! So much so, i actually just gave it away to someone....it had almost zero value after that stunt.

So, keep a lookout, you never know.

What amazes me more is the bicycles that I see everyday on the road...stuff that i cannot even afford!

Forgot about the "Stolen Bikes" section... We actually need the space inside' date=' what with a pool table where our dining room table should be, it's kinda cramped when you have an extra 3 square meters taken up. All things considered though, i need to get a stronger lock/chain/rawl bolt... And normally all 3 bikes are locked together, so that in itself makes it difficult to manouvre (spelling?) when someone tries to take it down. Thing is, it would've happened at some point in time, no matter what i did to protect them.

[/quote']

piece of hardboard over the pool table, voila! dining room suite smiley36.gif

Already done... Well worth the extra grand Wink

Plus, it keeps the girlfriend's cat from putting hair all over the blue felt. And using it as a scratchpost... Just have to move the chairs every time we play. Small sacrifice...

Thinking it must be someone in the complex' date=' or our gardener. 5 houses in the complex, electric gate and fence all round (with 8 ft walls) and the gardener has a key for the ped gate. Gonna grill him when he comes back - don't have his number, unfortunately.

Similar story to mine....on 26th Dec 2007 my bike got stolen - also from fort knox AND 3 x Large dogs roaming my prperty!!

Could only be the gardener that I fires a month back then...

Guess what - I've been on the lookout for that bike ever since and lo and behold....what do I spot one Sat afternoon?

My ex-gardener happily trapping along on his new (my old) bicycle.....

It was the quickest U turn in traffic with my big old oxwagon bakkie, and I just drove him into the pavement!! A rage came over me that actually scared the sh*t outta me afterwards....luckily I do not own a firearm, else I'd be in jail for sure.

So, with traffic blocked up & everyone gawking at the scene I kicked the sh*t out of him and promptly loaded the bike into the bakkie....it was totally f$cked!! So much so, i actually just gave it away to someone....it had almost zero value after that stunt.

So, keep a lookout, you never know.

What amazes me more is the bicycles that I see everyday on the road...stuff that i cannot even afford!

[/quote']

Yeah - he comes here every 2nd Friday. Gonna fire his arse if it was him (plus give him a klap or 6)