BIKE LOST

vlasta

Cry My father and I did the argus, I finished and he did not (that wind was horendous, but thats a story for another time).

He got blown off the bike coming into misty cliffs and had to be taken to hospital for a check up, his bike was left with a marshal. All bikes are meant to be taken back to a central collection point, including bikes without riders.

..........BUT his bike is not there, did anyone else experience this?

We have called numerous people and got told that they arent sure where it is and they will call us when/if it arrives, and its not a cheap bike.

Thanks, it is a very sad situation Cry

The bike is a pinarello prince with sram groupset and shimal wheels....

donner, ek sou dit ook gesteel het!  Sorry couldnt resist. Its awful. Didnt anyone get the marshalls details? 

WOW - not good news

being a rather bold and forward person myself - I would be mowing down the doors at Rotary Claremont, Pedal Power and the Argus Cycle Trust to find that bike.

Somebody should have some idea which marshals were stationed where.

In the event that the marshal concerned or someone else who may have taken custody of the bike is of "ill repute" - I would notify some cycle shops with the description just in case someone tries to sell it.

Good Luck - hope you get it back

Please put the full details [colour/size/ id marks etc] of your bike on the Stolen Bikes section.

at the training wheels graduation david bellairs mentioned that in the whole history of the argus only one bike has been lost.

i guess your dad's would be the second...

btw. i'm assuming you did have the bike sticker on yeah?

Had the bike sticker on. We have got hold of and are on the argus guys backs constantly about it and its not the only bike missing, there is 1 more - not sure of the make of the other one.

Have tried asking them for some sort of record of what marshals were stationed where in order to narrow the search down to the marshal at that point...and still waiting for a response.