Bike Box

Velouria

soooooooooooooooooooo Kransvoel....how does R250 sound for leasing your TC1 during Dec???smileys/smiley17.gif

I agree with bike thingy.... get a card board box from cycle shop. Put bits and pieces of sponge inside where neccessary. Good luck smileys/smiley1.gif

Oh - and get married smileys/smiley1.gif
This is proof there is hope for the likes of me and Marius smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

I would never put my bike in a cardbord box again. smileys/smiley7.gif

Just too big a risk if your box lands up at the bottom of the cargo hold with XXX tons of others peoples luggage on top of your $$$$$ bike....

I'm getting myself a box from www.gearup.co.za, at R2,500 and you can pic and choose your colours.

Oh, and of course Bike thingy is going to help me pay it off by using it in December........smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

This is proof there is hope for the likes of me and Marius smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Just need to wear that skin suit more often in public Fatty - the girls will come flocking!! smileys/smiley17.gif

Just need to wear that skin suit more often in public Fatty - the girls will come flocking!! smileys/smiley17.gif

You had to bring that up didn't you!!! Evil bastard!

Going to go cry now smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif...

Fatty, leave Marius out of this, he has a GF, he's got the ring, he just needs to pop the quistion but he's to chicken!!!smileys/smiley36.gif

WW, are you getting the one with the Pink Base and yellow top??smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

I got a TC1 hard case.Tough as nails and takes my road bike or mtb. No problem with hauling it around as its got wielitjies and handles Downside......costs me on excess baggage unless I can sweet talk the check in lady Raises a laugh on the carousel though.Could hide a person in there. One always forgets the extra weight of:  Shoes' date='helmet,tools,kit x as many needed,Camelbak,spares....it goes on and on [/quote']

I've also got a TC1.  Works fantastic.  Been to the Kremetart (again in June), 94.7, Cradle, and Telkom - no problems at all.  And never had to pay excess.  I normally also pack my kit with the bike.  So, maybe you were always unlucky to get the nors check-in tanniesmiley5.gif

Good topic Velouria - I've been meaning to ask the same thing. A friend and I are battling with the same question.

I've only travelled once with bike, but it was only to jhb and back. I just bubble wrapped the bike and left wheels on. Worked perfectly. But I don't really want to do that for going overseas.

So far the cardboard box option is the one we are leaning towards. But I've also heard bad stories using that method. Difficult choice to make.

Oh, so I'll be in the Alps (Grenoble & Alpe d'Huez) in July, so can I come to the wedding! smileys/smiley2.gif

Oh' date=' so I'll be in the Alps (Grenoble & Alpe d'Huez) in July, so can I come to the wedding! [img']smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I will also be there - behind the TV.

Velouria, Cant send you a PM, your inbox is full. I have an Elite case like the one you pictured. Should you be still looking (and supposing you look honest smileys/smiley2.gif) I'll let you borrow it in July

Thanks Irishj9 - would be greatly appreciated - would even be willing to "rent" it...

anton - wedding is going to be in Switzerland before the Alpine stages - in Geneva.

Going to be watching L?Alpe

d?Huez, La Toussuire, Morzine.

And riding L?Alpe d?Huez,

Croix de Fer, Col de la Colombiere or Col de Joux Plane.

Certainly more motivating than Knysna to keep fit!

I won't be seeing any of the Tour actually. Will have left by the time it rolls by. We are doing La Marmotte, which does the Croix de Fer, Telegraphe, Galibier and Alpe d'Huez in one race (5000m ascent). As you say, more motivating than Knysna. Almost enough to keep me up at night!

Other riding will be around Grenoble. There are some nice rides around there too.

I have heard about your type Anton - slightly messed up in the head.

Sounds like an awsome event - I am quite jealous!