National Seeding Index?

Mr Giant

How often does the index get updated with the latest results? The last one to be added was the Bakwena....is this correct???

Good question

I sent them a mail yesterday, and their response was that they wait for the timing co's to send them the info.

Its suppose to happen 4-8 weeks after the event.

So , no one knows at this stage, and it seems no one cares, as its epic time, so dont hold your thumbs that anything will happen soon.

I am very keen to get an update, but seems Im the only one

According to the site, they update once a month, but that depends on what results are available. The last update was 6 feb, so...

So no 94.7 time, nor FastOne, nor Berge en Dale, Nor Ride4Sight....interesting because all these events are past the due dates...

I speak under correction, but the 94.7 is already on, but nothing after Bakwena. Its very very annoying and will certainly impact negatively on races such as Wilro etc coming up ext month.

Maybe we should start sending them mails every day untill its updated.

So no 94.7 time' date=' nor FastOne, nor Berge en Dale, Nor Ride4Sight....interesting because all these events are past the due dates...

[/quote']

94.7 is there...

I gave up hope with themAngry, I keep my own spreadsheet with results an my own seeding calculationThumbs%20Up (and i am pretty accurate).

The race organizers don't use the average seeding index (avr of bets 3) they use your best race seeding to seed you, so as long as your best race seeding is on the list you don't have to worry.

Gman, that's part of the problem this year isnt on yet, in my case all best races this year?!

Bit stuffed right now, that's why I was given a "S" seeding for Argus...

I am in the same boat!I phoned them 2weeks ago and spoke to Fritz,he says that they have not even got results for the fast one yet!!At this rate I will start the 94.7 at the back!

Dear Huber?s<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The super seeding ladder is a free service offered to cyclist in order to help improve your cycling.

We here at Cycle Events do care a great deal about getting your results up and live on the seeding ladder as soon as possible.

There are many different companies who have to come together in order to make the seeding ladder possible.  Even though your result may appear on the timing companies website, this does not mean that the results are finalised; and is not a case of copying and pasting from one website to another. 

We receive the data from the timing companies once they have been verified and all timing issues have been sorted out.

It will then be checked by the organizers who will give permission to send the data to us and we update the Seeding Ladder.  

Winning  Time has timed a majority of the races this year, and coming off the Pick ?n Pay Cape Argus 2009 is trying to get the results to us as soon as possible.

But as can be predicted are very busy at the moment, given the amount of queries that they are currently dealing with.

And we wish to have the correct information appear on the seeding ladder.

We do apologize for the delay, but we assure you that we have your best interests at heart and endeavour to provide a fantastic service to the cyclist.

Yours in cycling,

Cycle Events

Thanks Cycle Events

What the timing company's and race organizers don't understand is that we/I do the races to improve my seeding if the seeding is not updated and i have to sart in a slower bunch because of that then tere are no need to enter, I can then just as well do my club races for free once a week and time myself and keep my own record.

People at the back of the group cant compete for position but they can aim to better their seeding and move up in the bunches.

if you look at most races 10% of the money come from the racing guys the rest are the "fun riders" that look at times and seeding.

< name="results" ="Seeding.asp" method="post">

The seeding ladder uses 107583 results from 147618 cyclists
!!

>

Last Updated: 19 March

Added:

Powerade Kremetart Stage Race 2008

Removed:

n/a

That certainly helps my seeding a lotWink

Why bother with a race that was about 9 months ago?!

• 2 weeks later...

So when are we going to see these updates? Surely Winningtime should have finalized the times for the FastOne?

Guest Agteros
So when are we going to see these updates? Surely Winningtime should have finalized the times for the FastOne?

Nopes, they are still struggling to sort out Slave2Love's time LOL