What makes a goodie bag Good??

Dirt*girl™

the half Ironman in PE 2004 had a blanket sized towel, a bottle of wine ..

the rest had something you could use... swimwear bags... discount vouchers for restaurants. But then again, from R2800-00(50% off if Specsaver sponsored) - R3800.00 entry fee you'd expect a decent goody bag.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last OFM goodie bag included a loaf of fresh bread - the receptionist at the hotel really appreciated it; just pointing out that a goodie bag may have value to people other than the recipient; speaking of which:

A couple of recent races have included ancient Chinese medicine for sore muscles now available in a handy spray-on can. Problem is they were instantly confiscated by a very important person... so I've no idea if the stuff works but it buys brownie points

My favourite is the Aspen socks (when they're the right size). Still have no idea what Aspen does, though...

My favourite is the Aspen socks (when they're the right size). Still have no idea what Aspen does' date=' though...
[/quote']

They are a medical company or something of the sorts....

" South African-based JSE-listed Aspen is Africa?s largest pharmaceutical manufacturer and a major supplier of branded and generic pharmaceutical, healthcare and nutritional products to southern Africa and selected international markets" (off their website)

I buy the mentadent toothpaste now (they make it), 1 cos I like it and 2 cos they support cycling

I like doing the Babbas races, I don't get a goodie bag there, instead I get a T-shirt (if I don't enter online I dont get one and I know it). I have quite a range now...incl a pink one....will put on some frilly bits on that one and give it to BB for a bandana smiley2.gif

I reckon if expect a goodie bag you'll only get disappointed. Expect nothing and you'd be pleasantly surprised

Ironman has the best goodie bag.

And you can use it for years to come for all your gear

Worst goodie bag (and contents) goes to Bruintjies Hoogte: 3 junk mail pamphlets inside a checkers bag!!!Dead

Two Oceans ultra make the actual bag useful. You get a re-usable cloth type bag, much better & gives the sponsor some long term coverage.

I would say to them organiser folks:

SOMETHING USABLE BY YOUR SUPPORTERS!

A free choccie maybe be nice for, um, er, about 30 seconds....but how about some kit that can actually be used.

The idea of the "waterproof" bank bag for your cell phone in this years Argus bag was thinking out of the box...but thats where the box stopped.

I enjoyed the towels that were in the Telkom Satellite goodie bags for the last two years - great for the gym.

As for the Argus bags, I wish they would include safety pins. It was only by luck that I remembered to pack them this year.

My Argus goodie bag is still unopened, i squashed it to see if it contained a water bottle, felt none so bought one.

the goodie bag for the greg minnaar thing is kinda cool!Approve

I saw that package, very good.

T-shirt, which can be plastered with advertising and eliminate the ton of paper brochures which nobody reads and other small size samples which nobody uses.

Eatable samples are good (if the sell by date has not passed...). Forget the rest.

Same for medals at the finish; rather give me something useful (bottle opener, key ring, etc.

Some races have medals made by the local community which is not a bad idea, but rather just forget about the medal and give the money to charity.

Same for medals at the finish; rather give me something useful (bottle opener, key ring, etc.
Some races have medals made by the local community which is not a bad idea, but rather just forget about the medal and give the money to charity.

..but I know of many cyclist that actually like the medals?..it?s a race isn?t it? I look at my National medals for inspiration!    <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

..but I know of many cyclist that actually like the medals?..it?s a race isn?t it? I look at my National medals for inspiration! <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">?</SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">?</SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">?</SPAN><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

1st gets gold, second gets silver and the next 25 000 gets bronce.

..but I know of many cyclist that actually like the medals?..it?s a race isn?t it? I look at my National medals for inspiration! <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

1st gets gold' date=' second gets silver and the next 25 000 gets bronce.

.[/quote']

Good thing I don?t have bronze then???..Wink<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I've stopped taking medals my ride log will remind me i've done the race and in what time, but if riders want they should be entitled to it.

Good thing I don?t have bronze then???..

ah, but you did not say what nationals. They have a national bokdrolspoeg competision aswell. smiley2.gif