What makes a goodie bag Good??

Dirt*girl™

Yeah socks, Chocolate (For my daughter 'y know), water bottle, hat, cool toys or puzzles. I find the deodorant to be a waste of time too - talk of waste, that plastic bottle holding the 10ml 'sample size' roll on is a real waste and will be around until the sun goes super nova, much like ice skates.

Oh maybe discount vouchers may be good too - as long as the fixers agree to their use

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cape Argus Mtb 2009 Goodie Bag - should get the Prize for WORSE Goodbag in the History of Mtb'ing Goodie bags.

1x PnP Branded 25g Packet of Cheese Puffs

1x Beacon Marshmallow easter egg - NOT A STRONG OF THEM' date=' just one SINGLE EGG!

1x Bic Pen

Anything else would have been better..
[/quote']

may i add a soggy MELTED easter little egg f@k!!!!!

Definitely not the crap we receive in the bag right now.

The Argus bag had 3 nice/good things in:

- the pamhlet with the offer of the buy one get one free table mountain ticket ? its worth R 150

- the bar one

- the snicker

the rest was pretty much useless.

What makes it good?

The free aspen socks

They waste more money on the packaging than what it really means to the ave cyclist.

Was at least hoping for a waterbottle but none, i left mine at home so had to buy one.
scotty2009-03-18 06:42:06

An off-green fleecy jacket

Or useful stuff like small sun tan lotions, small deoderants, small toothpastes, small bottles of cycling lube. I find these things very handy as you don't buy them in these sizes normally but they are great for travelling or squashing into your cycling bag. And I have absolutely no use for satches of biodisel rub or any type of powder.

socks, sun-tan cream, t-shirt, water bottle, chocies & sweets, gels/GU/energy bar, massage gels, vouchers, definately the beer tent cupons and less paper- no one even reads it.

salomon trail running series always have cool stuff like free buffs or salomon gear-quality stuff.

Yeah socks' date=' Chocolate (For my daughter 'y know), water bottle, hat, cool toys or puzzles. I find the deodorant to be a waste of time too - talk of waste, that plastic bottle holding the 10ml 'sample size' roll on is a real waste and will be around until the sun goes super nova, much like ice skates.

Oh maybe discount vouchers may be good too - as long as the fixers agree to their use[/quote']

no i mean the proper roll on and mini tooth paste.

Yes the socks is the best.

Okay,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So far the ideal bag would be the right colour..Wink

and must contain some of the following:

Chocolates (Bar one preferably)

Vouchers

Socks

T-shirt

Toothpaste/shower gel /deodorant

Condoms

Water bottle

Hat

Toys / puzzle

Sun tan lotion

Bike lube

Sweat band/ Buffs

GU

Massage gels

The crowd from Shape Magazine do wellness workshops and give out goodies bags- no-one leaves without them coz they're so AWESOME! Clinique products, Adidas socks, Nike water bottles, 500g TUBS of body butter (not the dinky size ones) energy drinks, perfume and other really cool stuff.

They also often have full size trials of new items of the market- we got packs of a new brown rice once and 1l of a new ice tea.

I think whatever items get put in, make sure they're a decent size and useful. Oh, and chocs are always welcome Wink

I like the Babas lodge T-shirts' date=' it's nicely embroided.  [/quote']

Decent quality too

you are almost spot on, just make sure you can actually use the water bottle on a bicycle not like those useless MTN bottles Angrythat leak and fall out of the cages. Hollard water bottles are the best .Clap

The best goodie bag I ever got was at "Die Voet" (a running race sponsored by then Caltex) it was in July or August just outside Harrismith and freezing cold, we all got a Beenie, a pair of gloves, a Tee Shirt and some chocolates - the entry fee was - I think around R65.00!!