Epic Mechanics

die skim

I did the Epic this year and are really dissaponted in the quality of bike mechanics at the race. I know of more than one person that got screwed by so called experts that can't do their job.

Surely we should let each other know who they are? so they can be exposed for the bull they charged for...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the Epic this year and are really dissaponted in the quality of bike mechanics at the race. I know of more than one person that got screwed by so called experts that can't do their job.

Surely we should let each other know who they are? so they can be exposed for the bull they charged for...

So..who did you use????

Execellent on road bikes but he was totally out of his depth at the Epic, had a few okes complain about their lack of MTB knowledge.

Marks Bicycle Workshop

Care to elaborate why you are saying that their service aint good?Confused

As the saying goes you get what you pay for!!!

unfortunately at the epic you cant skimp on costs and that is why when i quoted a guy R400 a day for him and his partner for me to be thier mechanic and he said it was too expensive i laughed at him and told him that he will end up paying more than that in the end.

i got a call from the guy this morning asking me to fix the mess the epic mechanics made and also got a very big apology saying that he should have taken my advice but yea life goes on and pity most people learn the hard way!!

I might be dof and on occasion need the the odd quaff of coffee but I cant see the difference between a road bike maintenance or mtb maggaffer.

The basics are the same!!!!

Get it in line.

Marks Bicycle Workshop

You had them work on your bike?!!!!

goedkoop koop is duur koop!!!Angry

Why dont you take it up with Mark himself instead of running him through the mud here.  Or atleast tell us why you are so upset so we can also know why you are so upset??

the point here is not to focus on Mark and his incompetence but to get it out in the open that there are guys that are using the Epic to learn. Surely we have the right to know who to use in the future.

So please share with me who the good one there and which the bad ones. The Epic cost a crap load of money its not nice to have mechanicals due to your bike boys lack of skill??? I want to know how was good and who was not.

I know this will be subjective but where there is smoke...

Mark is an accomplished road & mtb'er mehanic who services most of the bikes himself that go thru his shop. so be more specific as to why you are unhappy. he know road, mtbs, track and tandems like the back of his hand, you obviously had a major disagreement. 

Mark is an accomplished road & mtb'er mehanic who services most of the bikes himself that go thru his shop. so be more specific as to why you are unhappy. he know road' date=' mtbs, track and tandems like the back of his hand, you obviously had a major disagreement. 

[/quote']

Totally agree with Butafly here. Mark is no poephol when it comes to a bike.

Skim, I can understand your frustration, but as the guys have said, one can NEVER just say something (or someone) is rubbish without factually backing it up. Even if the facts are a specific subjective bad experience, they have to exist.

To just say something sucks but not be able to explain why usually means one thing: you don't fully understand it. I'm not referring to you, but to the principle behind the matter.